Major investment?

kris1984

25 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As I've said, possibly linked. 

It's not about what the manager is, but all about who he is. Stevie G is a very investible commodity and it does look like he's ours. Great combination in the PR world.

King will have done his homework and after all this, may have at last put together a plan that is investible.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not sure how this 20m or whatever gets invested pre next season for a start. I'm also less sure that King has any such plan.

But we'll see. We need something, especially if a rookie becomes our latest manager and is to stand any chance.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Or it could actually be true? Not saying it will be any means but I just cant see Steven Gerrard coming up here to make a fool of himself with a pish transfer budget. That's all depending he actually takes the job.

It could be true (and we could be in for some ride, if it is!).

And I’m with you - no way could a novice be expected to do things on a shoestring.

The only mechanism whereby someone can invest in our clubs is by either buying a majority stake to enable them to issue new shares assuming they have 75% control or by the club Having a share issue. The first part cannot happen as we are currently waiting on King complying with TOP. The 2nd which has been imminent for ages but will only result in the majority of the money raised being used to convert loans. 

The other argument people may use is King is getting out. That can only happen after he is forced to comply with the TOP ruling which could see him close to 50% shareholding. Now whilst he could then sell them the now owner would still be restricted in what they could do. They could not simply allow the club to spend millions they do not have as that would fall foul of the FFP rules.

Sadly we are lumbered with this incompetent board and can only hope that they collectively realise this, appoint competent managers both in the CEO position and dugout whilst locking King in his wine cellar to ensure he does not do anymore damage.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I agree to an extent.

However we've went from winning trophies, to the 3rd division and a defiance against those harming us, to our return to the spl. Where we've fucked up and show no signs of improving. Far from it.

You and I don't know ST uptake. King can and likely will.

I've also heard more folk in the last few weeks say they're not renewing than I have at any point (bar boycotts) in years.

So whilst I don't really think that's what it's all about I think it would be wrong and complacent to entirely write it off. Circumstances have changed.

I get your sentiment I do. The majority of clubs in the UK do major business in the summer - whether it’s a new manager or a marquee signing or major/minor investment. It’s mainly geared to win things or do better than last season.

It just annoys me when our own fans are disparaging to what is a loyal fan base by using the season ticket myth. 

But I’m not going to mention it again incase @Scottywellhousetb dies of boredom 

Even if big money came along to invest in the first-team what's to be done about the current deadwood?  There's about 10 players needing shifted - Hodson, Cardoso, Alves, Rossiter, Halliday, Pena, MOH, Dodoo, Forrester, Herrera.  Even then, are guys like Jack and Holt really good enough for a title winning team?  If McGregor is brought in we'll need to shift one of the current keepers too.  

We need to get rid of the current team and the abundance of money pished away each week on their wages.  

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

If the boy wants to post it he can. The number he told me was huge but the majority wouldn’t believe it anyway and it might be pish anyway :lol:

Aye, and it'll be dependent on King winning the fukkin lottery.

I want the hangers on gone from our club, or no amount of money will fix us.

14 minutes ago, gj923 said:

The only mechanism whereby someone can invest in our clubs is by either buying a majority stake to enable them to issue new shares assuming they have 75% control or by the club Having a share issue. The first part cannot happen as we are currently waiting on King complying with TOP. The 2nd which has been imminent for ages but will only result in the majority of the money raised being used to convert loans. 

The other argument people may use is King is getting out. That can only happen after he is forced to comply with the TOP ruling which could see him close to 50% shareholding. Now whilst he could then sell them the now owner would still be restricted in what they could do. They could not simply allow the club to spend millions they do not have as that would fall foul of the FFP rules.

Sadly we are lumbered with this incompetent board and can only hope that they collectively realise this, appoint competent managers both in the CEO position and dugout whilst locking King in his wine cellar to ensure he does not do anymore damage.

Watch Kings plan to take his 18m back come to fruition. 

8 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Hate these type of threads why bother even starting it if you aren’t going to say how much investment you’ve heard whether it’s shite or not.

Was Mark Guidi and Roger Hannah that said it

49 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It's not about what the manager is, but all about who he is. Stevie G is a very investible commodity and it does look like he's ours. Great combination in the PR world.

King will have done his homework and after all this, may have at last put together a plan that is investible.

An interesting point of view Blue Avenger.  I hadn’t really thought of it from this angle.

I hope that you’re right.

Fenway Sports Group are an American sports investment company who are currently the parent group of the Liverpool and the Boston Red Sox.

Would be great if they were involved, and would be possible given King's close ties with Liverpool, but I think it unlikely. But then again why would a high profile like Gerrard be interested in us at this stage without investment ?

So next season we will be called RB Rangers,

Ibrox renamed the red bull arena

Gerard given 100 mil to build a champions league team , we win the treble, Europa league , another investment next season from trump himself and we win the champions league, World Cup and win the war on terrorism.

cant wait

8 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Aye, and it'll be dependent on King winning the fukkin lottery.

I want the hangers on gone from our club, or no amount of money will fix us.

It’s the same as investment always is with this mob, fans money.

55 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Doesn't matter who he is, if he can't win games then he's fucking useless to us.

How would an individual invest say 20m that was to be used for transfers? Sponsorship - of what? Loans? New shares - how so? Existing shareholder buyout - How does spend turn into transfer budget?

Genuinely, if someone had 20m to invest, how would they go about this given our current structure and what would it really cost them and mean to us?

Have to call this as pure bull to sell ST's.

I'd love it to be true, but I for one won't be renewing until I see who the manager will be and what will be made available to him. Not to mention what is happening with the TOP problem.

Too many boards have made mugs of us. It's not happening again.

Archived