CMW316

Out?: James Tavernier

5 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Stats can't tell you about a players attitude, about their mentality, their positional sense or their discipline(not in terms of bookings but when they make runs etc) and they're all things Tav struggles with 

Think it's mental to say you can't judge a player just by watching him

Debate with the scouts & managers about that one then, that is genuinely what they do. 

Hence why Premiership teams want Tav, but the support are split on him.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 19:23, Moody Blue said:

I have often wondered if we’d get the same added value moving Tavernier in to midfield the way we did Fernando, shite defending but a solid passer. Difference was Ricksen could put the boot in, Tav is a shitebag so it’s a punt from me and move forward. 

Tav is one of the worst passers in our squad, even six yard sideways passes pose quite a challenge for him.

Football's a simple game made overly complicated by stats and tactics with an obsession about being modern/progressive

Load f nonsense

• Like 1

Tavs a really good player. But time to cash in. 

Ironically enough a stauner for stats, buzzwords and EPL trends is exactly what has landed us with Fod, Tav, Windass and the rest of the shite 

• Like 2

Must be the EPL for wummin!

Looking at a ten mil bounty.

:mutley:

Would keep tbh I think with better players in the side he’ll be much better - offers a lot going forward and hard to name someone we could get for a similar fee (3.5m or so) that would give us what he does 

10 hours ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Ironically enough a stauner for stats, buzzwords and EPL trends is exactly what has landed us with Fod, Tav, Windass and the rest of the shite 

Warburtons agent pals landed us with the first 2 and Frank McParland the second.

Stats have nothing to do with it considering Warburton left Brentford because his transfers would be reliant on stats such as expected goals under Matthew Benham.

Stats are never the problem, the problem is how people use them.

25 minutes ago, JentleJames said:

Warburtons agent pals landed us with the first 2 and Frank McParland the second.

Stats have nothing to do with it considering Warburton left Brentford because his transfers would be reliant on stats such as expected goals under Matthew Benham.

Stats are never the problem, the problem is how people use them.

That's sort of my point 

Using them to solely judge a player on here or getting caught up in this football manager shite if you're running the club

I didn't know at all that's why he left Brentford though so fair enough, naturally assumed because of his deluded nature and smart arse buzzwords he was another one with a hard on for stats and stats alone

On 18/05/2018 at 23:01, TheGovanIniesta said:

That's sort of my point 

Using them to solely judge a player on here or getting caught up in this football manager shite if you're running the club

I didn't know at all that's why he left Brentford though so fair enough, naturally assumed because of his deluded nature and smart arse buzzwords he was another one with a hard on for stats and stats alone

Nah he loves stats but also used to go on about analysing their mentality 

think his issue was misjudging the pressure Rangers players need to cope with and the quality of the spl although poor was under rated by him 

• Like 1

Rumours again that palace and Swansea still want him. £3 million seems to be the figure quoted 

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Rumours again that palace and Swansea still want him. £3 million seems to be the figure quoted 

Double that and we can consider it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Seen that mate but can’t see him leaving.

Bite their hands off at £3m.

• Like 1

if swansea want him, swap for bartley surely...

20 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Double that and we can consider it.

behave, bite the hand off them

Anything close to 5M for him and Fod you'd have to grab it and run

English clubs won't pay any higher when anytime they've been asked to take a step up they've been found out, it's them who hold all the cards

He won't go to the EPL though, I worry about people who tout him for decent clubs there and expect a big fee

3 million is a great price for him he’s pish 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Anything close to 5M for him and Fod you'd have to grab it and run

English clubs won't pay any higher when anytime they've been asked to take a step up they've been found out, it's them who hold all the cards

He won't go to the EPL though, I worry about people who tout him for decent clubs there and expect a big fee

When you say ‘them’ do you mean the EPL clubs?

He’s our player, under contract and we aren’t (afaik) proactively trying to sell so I’d say we hold plenty cards. (Assuming they want him). 

Having said that I agree, we aren’t going to get much more than 3 million for him. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, stevemac said:

if swansea want him, swap for bartley surely...

Would be a huge mistake, basically weakening our side.

Know people on here don't rate Tav and obviously he's far from being perfect but he's a massive positive to our side and I'm pretty sure stats back up the goals we conceded were much less down his side? People act like his defending is pub standard!

Bartley is massively overrated. 

• Like 1

£3M ain't a good price when you consider that wee Madison guy is going for £22M. We might not have much money up here in Scotland however we need to realise that down south is swimming in it.

• Like 1