Mindrot beyond the point of repair?

K.A.I

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

an abused dog or animal who's suffered for years, been rescued but it's too late

Yep, the beaten cur who keeps going back for more and is grateful for a wee scrap here and there.

Cut the gangrene out of our club, top to bottom maybe what's left will heal.

I see where you're coming from but one win (fuck knows where it's coming from) will change that mindset. There has to be players there who will do a job with better players around them. I don't know which ones though as I can make a case for most of them to be kept and none of them.

Proper managerial leadership is needed.   

Not a youth team coach.   A proper football manager with proper experience of grabbing a squad of players by their collective scruff of the neck and turning them into proper professional footballers who do the job they are paid to at Rangers.   

If a properly competent, experienced football manager is not appointed and given enough transfer funds to get far better players in then its more of the same for a while to come.   The Club needs a proper football manager.   The Board has made an utter mess of making proper managerial appointments since they arrived.   I have zero confidence they will get it right next time.  But until a credible, proper and effective football manager arrives shambles will follow shambles.  

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I see where you're coming from but one win (fuck knows where it's coming from) will change that mindset. There has to be players there who will do a job with better players around them. I don't know which ones though as I can make a case for most of them to be kept and none of them.

One win would change it, but we will never get that win with this players. That's the issue. 

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I think a really good man manager could sort out many of the mental issues.

Being realistic, I hope that's the case because a complete clearout won't happen.

We can't realistically expect to get rid of 33 or so players - that's our big issue.

Our recruitment and managerial/coaching appointments have been nothing short of disgusting ... think too that every time we've signed one of these clowns or appointed one of them, the comments on here - the fans have seen it coming and that's not with hindsight either. But what do we know, we are only fans ... these guys are businessmen and Rangers shareholders etc ... morbid

The day Fod was intimidated by the cellic fans behind hiim and let them see summed us up as a club who have no backbone. 

We now need a new spine all the way from proven centre forward, proven, midfield, proven defence, proven goalkeeper, proven coach and manager, and most importantly a chairman with balls. 

Thank fuck our fans still have a spine or there be nothing to build on. 

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

The day Fod was intimidated by the cellic fans behind hiim and let them see summed us up as a club who have no backbone. 

We now need a new spine all the way from proven centre forward, proven, midfield, proven defence, proven goalkeeper, proven coach and manager, and most importantly a chairman with balls. 

Thank fuck our fans still have a spine or there be nothing to build on. 

I remember   Andy Gorman when he used to wind them up 

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Sorry for the odd title/header, I couldn't think of another way to word it and to make it look different to the usual titles like "shite bags, mentality, get rid of the lot" 

Is it at a point now where we literally have to get rid of them? like we've no choice? even if we take a financial hit and even some of the better performing ones like Candaies, Murphy, McCrorie etc?

Reason I say this is because it's a mental thing that's went too far. They are now conditioned to never beating celtic and losing almost every time we play them - sometimes heavily.

I think that it might be something that will never be reversed, even with the best coaching the world and the best manager in the world coming in. That sort of belief might be impossible to install now because it's simply went too far.

Our best chance is getting rid of literally everyone (easier said than done, I know) and replacing them with fresh players ... even if our budget might not allow us to get someone better/more talented than a Murphy or a Windass or a Candaies, but it would give us a chance with players who aren't scarred mentally and beyond repair now.

The only two players who have tasted victory for us against celtic over 90 minutes is Miller and Wallace who are done, the rest never will. 

Sorry for being crass but it's a bit like an abused dog or animal who's suffered for years, been rescued but it's too late and needs put down for it's own good because mentally they can't do it despite any efforts you put in. 

I hope that rumour that they've all been told they are going is true. If it is true then someone at the club has some balls and the same idea/thought process at this which I think would be welcome.

The analogy of the dog that's been beat to much and needing put down is a sad but true reflection of RFC right now, I'm just a bawhair away from thinking admin would be a blessing and put us out of our misery, I've supported The Rangers though a lot of dark periods but nothing compared to this, if this situation of not being able to at least compete with them is allowed to carry on then I don't want to carry on watching as we slip further and further behind, complete clearout aint gonna happen unless there is major investment, and I'll believe that when I see it.

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

The analogy of the dog that's been beat to much and needing put down is a sad but true reflection of RFC right now, I'm just a bawhair away from thinking admin would be a blessing and put us out of our misery, I've supported The Rangers though a lot of dark periods but nothing compared to this, if this situation of not being able to at least compete with them is allowed to carry on then I don't want to carry on watching as we slip further and further behind, complete clearout aint gonna happen unless there is major investment, and I'll believe that when I see it.

The more I think about it the more I am certain mentally, this mob are beyond the point of repair when it comes to playing celtic. The OP was posing the question but I've probably convinced myself last 15-minutes that it's true and even if celtic had a second string side out at Ibrox we'd still struggle mentally. 

That means it's time they all go .. even if it's on loan to another team with us picking up a % of their wage or the likes of McCrorie and Docherty if they are under 23 going to the unders or whatever else and do them a turn - they simply can't represent us anymore. It's beyond repair.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The mentality you're speaking of actually extends to the fans now. 

I find myself not becoming annoyed at results like today anymore, just horrendously sad about what we have became. I go into each game against the taigs now expecting defeat and most in our support celebrate draws against them like cup wins now. 

We are Aberdeen

We certainly aren’t.

We’ve had two years in the top flight, after a 4 year hiatus. This was ‘realistically’ the first season that we should have been able to compete with them. We’ve made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it on and off the park, but we’ve got the resource / backing to move up levels. Aberdeen haven’t - this is as good as it gets for them.

Our absolute worst is their best. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

We certainly aren’t.

We’ve had two years in the top flight, after a 4 year hiatus. This was ‘realistically’ the first season that we should have been able to compete with them. We’ve made an absolute rip roaring cunt of it on and off the park, but we’ve got the resource / backing to move up levels. Aberdeen haven’t - this is as good as it gets for them.

Our absolute worst is their best. 

I'm pretty sure the 80's Aberdeen side was better than what we are now 

People have woke up to late. It will take years to get us functioning properly, even if Walter was back at the helm. And even then we are toxic because of the board. All the wee fannies on here who heralded King have made our club uninvestible. 10 IAR for the bheasts is a certainty, let's hope it stops at 10