Massive investment announcement

rabc10000

lot of rumours about this investment, but announcing Gerrard and then a share issue is probably the sum of it. Not bad in their own right (if you think Gerrard is the correct choice) but that is not massive investment - particularly given the equity we have to give away for the loans, which wont see any return because its already been "invested"

That being said I wouldn't say no a Saudi prince or two using us as his little mad plaything.

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

Can anyone explain to me how there would be investment/money put into the Club bar a share issue anyway?

Quite easy. Sponsorship for the shirt, or something similar. 

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Mind the last time we were getting big investment? 

Then the time before that? 

Then the time before that? 

Oh aye not forgetting the time before that. 

Then the time before that. 

Also the several occasions when one or other of AJ's US golfing buddies was about to open his wallet  and pour money into Rangers ...

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

some guy buys a lot of shares, gets to majority shareholder and then starts pumping is own ill got gains into buying players

Aye, shares at present.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

Quite easy. Sponsorship for the shirt, or something similar. 

Yes, but that's paying for the advertising etc, like every season, not like what's being alleged here. 

Just now, Siam69 said:

Can anyone explain to me how there would be investment/money put into the Club bar a share issue anyway?

No one answers this as they're so desperate for it to be true they block out the fact it can't be true.

Ive posted the same on multiple threads over several days - no reply other than some mental sweetheart suggestion.

Folk think it is happening. Dingwall I think on the FF thread suggested it was happening for 15 to 20m.

There is simply no way that figure can be invested into a transfer budget this summer without it being loans, and who would do that without significant influence / control the likes of which you only get from buying shares.

Its needed but there's simply not investment coming in at that level by the summer.

8 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Also the several occasions when one or other of AJ's US golfing buddies was about to open his wallet  and pour money into Rangers ...

I know you're being sarcastic, but just imagine that was the case, how could they?

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

some guy buys a lot of shares, gets to majority shareholder and then starts pumping is own ill got gains into buying players

So spends money buying shares (No money into club) then loans money. Loans aren't investment.

That's the point mate.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

No one answers this as they're so desperate for it to be true they block out the fact it can't be true.

Ive posted the same on multiple threads over several days - no reply other than some mental sweetheart suggestion.

Folk think it is happening. Dingwall I think on the FF thread suggested it was happening for 15 to 20m.

There is simply no way that figure can be invested into a transfer budget this summer without it being loans, and who would do that without significant influence / control the likes of which you only get from buying shares.

Its needed but there's simply not investment coming in at that level by the summer.

As I thought.

Bar a share issue or the usual shirt sponsor etc, it's just wishful thinking. 

Except if the mythical Chinese buy every cunt out and pump in :headwall:

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So spends money buying shares (No money into club) then loans money. Loans aren't investment.

That's the point mate.

im talking about as part of a share issue that i mentioned in my previous post. Money spent after that doesnt necessarily have to be in the form of loans to the club. Its one scenario and I appreciate what you are saying, but loans isn't the be all and end all.

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but just imagine that was the case how?

Point is - AJ came back onto the board as the man with the big US contacts and this would supposedly benefit the club.  These contacts of course never materialised the first time he was on the Board, but we were asked to believe that they would come good this time around, in the form of sponsorship, share purchases or some other form of investment.  

4 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Point is - AJ came back onto the board as the man with the big US contacts and this would supposedly benefit the club.  These contacts of course never materialised the first time he was on the Board, but we were asked to believe that they would come good this time around, in the form of sponsorship, share purchases or some other form of investment.  

I understand all that, mate.

My point was asking, bar share issue or usual every season shirt sponsor, how could anyone even do that anyway?

Just now, cushynumber said:

im talking about as part of a share issue that i mentioned in my previous post. Money spent after that doesnt necessarily have to be in the form of loans to the club. Its one scenario and I appreciate what you are saying, but loans isn't the be all and end all.

Hold on though. This forthcoming share event is about converting existing loans primarily. Some new shares being sold for new income but not much.

So after we've diluted we've then got a weaker offer for someone looking to buy shares to gain influence/ control. It's going to cost them more. 

For them to chuck in millions as alleged for a transfer budget they'll want a significant if not controlling say. So they'll need to spend a pretty penny prior to okaying the release of funds For transfers. 

None of which is all happening. Certainly not pre next season.

We can't keep surviving on loans them converted into shares. It's not allowed and it's not a policy that will lead to anything other than failure.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Hold on though. This forthcoming share event is about converting existing loans primarily. Some new shares being sold for new income but not much.

So after we've diluted we've then got a weaker offer for someone looking to buy shares to gain influence/ control. It's going to cost them more. 

For them to chuck in millions as alleged for a transfer budget they'll want a significant if not controlling say. So they'll need to spend a pretty penny prior to okaying the release of funds For transfers. 

None of which is all happening. Certainly not pre next season.

We can't keep surviving on loans them converted into shares. It's not allowed and it's not a policy that will lead to anything other than failure.

Massive investment = "some new shares being sold for new income but not much".