**Official Phantoms v Killie Match Thread**

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, OhW said:

I suppose it will be interesting to see if Jimmy Nicholl sticks with the same system and players. 

I would be astonished if he did. You got the impression that he and Murty did not see things the same way . It never appeared that Murty took much notice of him. So I suspect Jimmy N will set up his team completely differently. I certainly hope so. 

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hilly86 said:

Apart from it being where we need to be routinely in the future, what worth does it get us next season? The scramble to get a squad together in time, no significant revenue in going out before the group stages, and the potential for starting the season on a downer again.

I don't think any combination of players will see us win all, and probably any, of the remaining games. Almost worth it not to pick a number of the more consistent shitebags, make it very clear that they're not wanted any more.

Worst comes to worst, it gets us at least two competitive games before the league starts, which is no bad thing. 

Will be watching with intrigue over the formation and the players attitude.

If the formation is the same but the players turn up then it’s showing they had an issue with Murty, now professionals shouldn’t down tools because of their manager but I can understand it would definitely have an impact.

Notice how no first team players have said anything in his defence? Usually we have “We let the manager down....” although is the club still enforcing media silence from the players?

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Erm no. 

= / kinda what I was thinking.

Doubt they'll want someone old fashioned stepping in after the few days they've had, 

they might really like JN and he makes training fun- could be wrong,

but I said a Killie win before with murty losing the dressing room and unless characters step up maybe there's not even going to be an improvement on that with these two flung in at the deep end.

1 hour ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Will Jimmy Nicholl get these players fired up and make training enjoyable this week during the media shitstorm ?

Was there even ANY training this week before today (Thursday)? or was there a ban on Willie Vass or anybody else taking photos because there is not a photo to be seen either on Willie Vass site or on the official Rangers site.

Some cunt should be made to explain this.

9 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Was there even ANY training this week before today (Thursday)? or was there a ban on Willie Vass or anybody else taking photos because there is not a photo to be seen either on Willie Vass site or on the official Rangers site.

Some cunt should be made to explain this.

Media blackout = | ?

3 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Media blackout = | ?

It surely has to be because not even pub teams would not train between playing Sunday to Saturday. I wonder if this is the Fat controller pulling the strings?

4 hours ago, left winger said:

Worst comes to worst, it gets us at least two competitive games before the league starts, which is no bad thing. 

6 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d rather have the option to go to some mad Eastern European outback than Clyde tbh mate. 

Clyde... I take it all back! Is having to play in early rounds of the League Cup if you're not in Europe still a thing? ?

I'll be grateful for qualifying come July, a final act of minimal competence from these players before they're told to fuck off.

Will be an interesting game. Killie will see us as there for the taking but the guys will want to impress Stevie G (if he is indeed taking over). Also to echo others here do we think Miller and Wallace will be available for selection?

4 minutes ago, TdRFC said:

Will be an interesting game. Killie will see us as there for the taking but the guys will want to impress Stevie G (if he is indeed taking over). Also to echo others here do we think Miller and Wallace will be available for selection?

Both Wallace and Miller are suspended indefinitely. Both will never feature in a Rangers jersey again.

16 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Hopefully stevie g gets announced Tommorow and gives the players a boost. They must know that big change is on the way and no one is safe from getting the chop 

They shouldn't need a boot up the arse, they are pro footballers, but they do.  If anything has been agreed, I would announce it tomorrow and go one step further and get him to speak to them on Saturday morning before they travel to game.  You now know I'm the new boss and I'm watching the next 3 games and this weeks training.  None of you are safe, prove you should be here next season.

3 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

They shouldn't need a boot up the arse, they are pro footballers, but they do.  If anything has been agreed, I would announce it tomorrow and go one step further and get him to speak to them on Saturday morning before they travel to game.  You now know I'm the new boss and I'm watching the next 3 games and this weeks training.  None of you are safe, prove you should be here next season.

Spot on mate. Would straight away see who wants to be here or who wants an easy ride. I do think there is a few players in the squad who will do decent under a better manager but need to get shot of the dross and surround them with better quality players with a winning mentality 

Archived