King wants new investors on the board

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Aye maybe Murray gave Keith a final exclusive as a parting gift.

Who knows but I do know one thing, if the record is right and Kings about to cash in no one will remember the time they got it right and next story, anyone that believes will get the tedious “it’s the media” line dismissing it 

Rangers are continuing negotiations with Steven Gerrard to become manager 

Liverpool hero Gerrard admitted he has held 'positive talks' with the Ibrox club 

Rangers have begun seeking investment to provide Gerrard with transfer funds 

Rangers are in talks with potential investors over plans to raise cash for a Steven Gerrard transfer fund.

The Ibrox club will continue negotiations with their No 1 target for the manager's post on Thursday. Gerrard wants former Scotland captain Gary McAllister as his No 2 and admitted on Tuesday that he has already held 'positive talks' with the Rangers hierarchy.

The Liverpool and England icon is, however, reported to be seeking assurances over transfer cash before accepting the job.

Sportsmail understands chairman Dave King has already held discussions with external parties willing to put money into the club, via a rights issue geared to converting existing shareholder loans to equity and raising working capital.

Plans to raise funds have been delayed by King's court battle with the Takeover Panel, who have compelled him to make a mandatory offer for shares in the club.

This is from the Daily Mail

Rangers seek new investment to fund Steven Gerrard transfer kitty should Liverpool legend become Ibrox boss

Liverpool hero Gerrard admitted he has held 'positive talks' with the Ibrox club 

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail

PUBLISHED: 00:11, 3 May 2018 | UPDATED: 00:11, 3 May 2018

Rangers are in talks with potential investors over plans to raise cash for a Steven Gerrard transfer fund.

The Ibrox club will continue negotiations with their No 1 target for the manager's post on Thursday. Gerrard wants former Scotland captain Gary McAllister as his No 2 and admitted on Tuesday that he has already held 'positive talks' with the Rangers hierarchy.

The Liverpool and England icon is, however, reported to be seeking assurances over transfer cash before accepting the job.

+2

Rangers are in talks with investors over plans to raise cash for a Steven Gerrard transfer fund

Sportsmail understands chairman Dave King has already held discussions with external parties willing to put money into the club, via a rights issue geared to converting existing shareholder loans to equity and raising working capital.

Plans to raise funds have been delayed by King's court battle with the Takeover Panel, who have compelled him to make a mandatory offer for shares in the club.

The financial regulator have been granted two interdicts ordering the Rangers chairman to both make an offer and to provide third-party proof he has the funds to comply.

Found by the Court of Session to have acted in concert with three other shareholders in the boardroom, the South African-based businessman had until last Thursday to contact other shareholders with an offer to buy up the remaining two-thirds of the club's equity at 20p per share, but failed to prove he had the cash to buy the shares.

A statement on the club's website last week read: 'RIFC is seeking the necessary South African Government approvals to permit the cash required for the offer to be transferred to the United Kingdom to enable an appropriate third party to provide the cash confirmation.

'Meantime, the Takeover Panel has asked RIFC to advise shareholders that the Panel will take all appropriate steps to seek to ensure that a Code-compliant offer is made as soon as possible.'

Sportsmail understands Rangers chair Dave King has held discussions with external parties

Meanwhile, Paul Murray, one of King's takeover allies, added to a week of Ibrox turmoil yesterday when he and fellow director Barry Scott stepped down from the Rangers board.

Former Deutsche Bank accountant Murray returned as a director of the Rangers International Football Club PLC when King's consortium wrestled power back from the old regime three years ago.

Hong Kong businessman Scott joined the Rangers board last December having been part of a group who invested £6.5million in loans to the club.

A club statement read: 'Rangers International Football Club PLC notify the resignation of two directors, Mr Paul Murray and Mr Barry Scott.

'Paul has been a director since March 2015 and played an important role at that time in helping oust the previous board and restore the club to the hands of those who have its best interests at heart.

'Paul has served with distinction as a director since that time and all at Rangers are very grateful for his efforts. We look forward to welcoming him again as a supporter.

'Barry joined the board more recently and his enthusiasm and drive were welcome. The board knows it will continue to enjoy his support and appreciates the commitment he has shown to the club.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5684807/Rangers-seek-new-investment-fund-Steven-Gerrard-transfer-kitty.html

14 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How good would it be if there was this rumoured 20-30 million investment coming and it was them that wanted Gerrard appointed and King and Murray removed so they could trust their investment? Perhaps the ultimate power play by Park behind the scenes pulling all the strings 

can dream 

Is it not more likely that King has forced Murray and Scott out to give a couple of people who're wanting to invest a place on the board?

Unfortunately I don't think King is going anywhere.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Rangers seek new investment to fund Steven Gerrard transfer kitty should Liverpool legend become Ibrox boss

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail

PUBLISHED: 00:11, 3 May 2018 | UPDATED: 00:11, 3 May 2018

+2

Rangers are in talks with investors over plans to raise cash for a Steven Gerrard transfer fund

The financial regulator have been granted two interdicts ordering the Rangers chairman to both make an offer and to provide third-party proof he has the funds to comply.

Found by the Court of Session to have acted in concert with three other shareholders in the boardroom, the South African-based businessman had until last Thursday to contact other shareholders with an offer to buy up the remaining two-thirds of the club's equity at 20p per share, but failed to prove he had the cash to buy the shares.

A statement on the club's website last week read: 'RIFC is seeking the necessary South African Government approvals to permit the cash required for the offer to be transferred to the United Kingdom to enable an appropriate third party to provide the cash confirmation.

'Meantime, the Takeover Panel has asked RIFC to advise shareholders that the Panel will take all appropriate steps to seek to ensure that a Code-compliant offer is made as soon as possible.'

Sportsmail understands Rangers chair Dave King has held discussions with external parties

Meanwhile, Paul Murray, one of King's takeover allies, added to a week of Ibrox turmoil yesterday when he and fellow director Barry Scott stepped down from the Rangers board.

Former Deutsche Bank accountant Murray returned as a director of the Rangers International Football Club PLC when King's consortium wrestled power back from the old regime three years ago.

Hong Kong businessman Scott joined the Rangers board last December having been part of a group who invested £6.5million in loans to the club.

A club statement read: 'Rangers International Football Club PLC notify the resignation of two directors, Mr Paul Murray and Mr Barry Scott.

'Paul has been a director since March 2015 and played an important role at that time in helping oust the previous board and restore the club to the hands of those who have its best interests at heart.

'Paul has served with distinction as a director since that time and all at Rangers are very grateful for his efforts. We look forward to welcoming him again as a supporter.

'Barry joined the board more recently and his enthusiasm and drive were welcome. The board knows it will continue to enjoy his support and appreciates the commitment he has shown to the club.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5684807/Rangers-seek-new-investment-fund-Steven-Gerrard-transfer-kitty.html

:bow: exciting times ahead

29 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Surely to fuck youd have the investment in place before you potentially go chasing something you cant afford?

To me they have I think the papers are a little behind in the story here. It also shows when we want to keep stuff in house we can IMO

51 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I just don’t see King leaving right now tbh, he’s about to get his mate in to the managers job I’m sure he wants to stick around for that.

Sticking around is going to cost him 11 million,  or are his investors paying that also as he has deep pockets and short arms. Anybody with an ounce of sense would want him out with the other two, part of the deal and handsomely paid for his efforts in fooling most of the fans for two years now, good riddance, a price worth paying.

1 hour ago, westenclosure2008 said:

but we all wanted him

Did we fuck.

I was one of the few who from day 1 was saying he was spinning a web of lies, and we were all shouted down, called fenians and such like and told that king would take us back to the top. 

I hope the cunt dies a slow painful lingering death.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Or it could be tabloid shite. 

It could be then again they could be right - ye can believe what you want it’s just tiresome the media never get it right line/tabloid shite line when it’s not always the case - like you can’t believe or debate something Cos it was in the record 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It could be then again they could be right - ye can believe what you want it’s just tiresome the media never get it right line/tabloid shite line when it’s not always the case - like you can’t believe or debate something Cos it was in the record 

I agree pal. In this instance though I’d be surprised if anyone had any accurate information about King’s plans and discussions with Gerrard.

Every one is guessing and it’s clear Murray/Scott aren’t releasing their side of things because all the usual suspects (wankers) were out guessing this morning and printing nothing of substance. 

And there is the fact that King probably doesn’t even know what he’s doing so how would the mail :lol: 

Same I can't see all this ending well. Gerrard will tell King to fuck off and there will be no investment. We'll have made a right arse of ourselves beyond Scotland thanks to how high profile Gerrard's name is. This could easily be the boards biggest fuck up. 

I hope I'm wrong but I find it hard to be optimistic these days.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

This is very strange it’s almost like he’s wanting these investors in after Gerrard is appointed like he’s luring Stevie in with the promise of these investors being found 

the man and his regime is so fucking toxic and amateur 

No wonder they 2 left yesterday if this is the case. Also if it is the case we’re fucking finished.

So what does Stevie G make of this when he opens a paper today? 

Rangers want him to sign and promise investment yet its being revealed they don't have it yet? 

Surely any sane person would say come back when you have it. 

In a rights issue a large proportion of the shares will go to the board in lieu of the loan money thus wiping out the debt. At this point they could sell them to an investor and walk away. 

None of this will happen quickly so how on earth can SG take the job based on Kings specialty, jam tomorrow. 

I'm not buying mini and scott leaving to make way. Its not like seats on the board are limited. They obviously don't like what King is up to and are baling out. Given the lengths mini went to for his blazer it can't be something trivial. 

I have tried to be positive about this but it doesn't add up to anything good. I think Gerrard will fall through precipitating even more chaos and upheaval.