King wants new investors on the board

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why is everyone claiming this is a king idea???

With the removal of mini & Scott the Parks should have the boardroom power to veto the Gerrard move. 

Why would the parks do that?  And more importantly do they have someone else in mind? 

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It could be then again they could be right - ye can believe what you want it’s just tiresome the media never get it right line/tabloid shite line when it’s not always the case - like you can’t believe or debate something Cos it was in the record 

Noted you saying word to this effect a few times Kai and it’s a valid point however can you blame a single person for being dismissive of these journalists? They have long forefitted the right to be assumed as telling the truth  

Boy that cried wolf springs to mind for the majority. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Can external parties get involved in a rights issue, I thought it was just existing shareholders. 

Is it not via invite only??  Would that mean they can pick and choose who they like?? 

Just now, markem said:

Noted you saying word to this effect a few times Kai and it’s a valid point however can you blame a single person for being dismissive of these journalists? They have long forefitted the right to be assumed as telling the truth  

Boy that cried wolf springs to mind for the majority. 

No I don’t blame anyone they can believe what they want but it’s the buzzwords etc that goes along with it when people try to shut down the debate or opinion on it because it’s in the papers 

Rangers look for more fresh investment after Paul Murray and Barry Scott resign

Dave King is preparing a reshuffle and also wants to get a female present in the boardroom.

Rangers are looking to expand their boardroom influence as they seek to attract fresh investment at Ibrox.

Chairman Dave King has accepted the resignations of directors Paul Murray and Barry Scott as he prepares for a reshuffle of key personnel. Motoring tycoon Douglas Park was recently appointed vice-chairman
in a move that allied him even more closely with Johannesburg-based King.

They are now looking to appoint at least two new non-executive directors, not necessarily Rangers fans, with a view to opening the door to fresh investment at the club.

No announcement is imminent but King and his board are working behind the scenes to bring in high-calibre candidates to help compete with the financial dominance of celtic.

King, who has also spoken of his desire for a female presence at the club, has promised Steven Gerrard a significant transfer budget if he agrees to take over.

Talks with the Liverpool icon are ongoing but despite reports a deal has not been concluded and discussions will continue later this week.

Murray, 54, joined the Ibrox board in 2015 after playing a key role in ousting the previous regime, allowing King and the so-called Three Bears to seize control of the club.

Hong Kong-based Scott was only appointed to the board in December 2017 as part of a group that gave £6.5million loans to the club.

King and Park are looking to appoint non-executive directors who will take a more strategic view of the club’s development rather than seeking a day-to-day influence at the club.

The Ibrox board have come under fire for their failure to find a successful manager to challenge the superiority of celtic.

Rangers insiders claim King’s ongoing dispute with the takeover panel was not a factor in the decision of Murray and Scott to step down, just 24 hours after Graeme Murty was axed.

this is the full article.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

you say unbiased, I say apathetic and gullible 

Ssys the guy suddenly hailing Keith Jackson as a bastion of truth just because he wrote a negative story about Dave King :lol:

Just now, FSM said:

Ssys the guy suddenly hailing Keith Jackson as a bastion of truth just because he wrote a negative story about Dave King :lol:

I’m not - I quite clearly said sometimes they get it right sometimes they get it wrong 

if you are not open minded about story regarding Dave King then there’s something seriously wrong at your end 

do you agree he’s a liar? Yes or no?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I’m not - I quite clearly said sometimes they get it right sometimes they get it wrong 

if you are not open minded about story regarding Dave King then there’s something seriously wrong at your end 

do you agree he’s a liar? Yes or no?

You clearly want to have Keith's babies.

16 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I certainly never wanted him near the place. 

What astounds me tho is bar this forum where free speech is allowed, almost everywhere else laps up everything about King and its sickening.  Fed up being made a fool of and insulted for asking basic questions and questioning king. 

Really don't know what to make of the majority of fans who think he is some sort of fucking messiah

The wider support at least on my Bus don’t want him, but I think they are petrified of what might come next. 

17 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Why would the parks do that?  And more importantly do they have someone else in mind? 

No idea mate, but if this is simply King alone and the rest of the board aren’t happy, then the Parks should have the boardroom power after yesterday to veto it. 

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Is it not via invite only??  Would that mean they can pick and choose who they like?? 

Need one of the first ok in this field to remind us, but I’m sure a rights issue is only to exsisting shareholders. 

Its a share issue that everyone can get involved. 

Might be totally wrong though ?? it won’t be the first time. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Need one of the first ok in this field to remind us, but I’m sure a rights issue is only to exsisting shareholders. 

Its a share issue that everyone can get involved. 

Might be totally wrong though ?? it won’t be the first time. 

I'm usually wrong all the time that's why I usually post with some??? At the end that way it doesn't look like I'm making bold statements 

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

No idea mate, but if this is simply King alone and the rest of the board aren’t happy, then the Parks should have the boardroom power after yesterday to veto it. 

I guess the important question would be does anyone have an inkling as to what the parks think about gerrard.  Would they like him as the man or have they made any noises about someone else?? 

If true and they have the power then it's essentially upto them I guess?? 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

I guess the important question would be does anyone have an inkling as to what the parks think about gerrard.  Would they like him as the man or have they made any noises about someone else?? 

If true and they have the power then it's essentially upto them I guess?? 

6 million dollar question, maybe they aren’t sure but are happy to let someone else take the heat on this one if it goes tits up. 

20 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Rangers look for more fresh investment after Paul Murray and Barry Scott resign

Dave King is preparing a reshuffle and also wants to get a female present in the boardroom.

Rangers are looking to expand their boardroom influence as they seek to attract fresh investment at Ibrox.

Chairman Dave King has accepted the resignations of directors Paul Murray and Barry Scott as he prepares for a reshuffle of key personnel. Motoring tycoon Douglas Park was recently appointed vice-chairman
in a move that allied him even more closely with Johannesburg-based King.

They are now looking to appoint at least two new non-executive directors, not necessarily Rangers fans, with a view to opening the door to fresh investment at the club.

No announcement is imminent but King and his board are working behind the scenes to bring in high-calibre candidates to help compete with the financial dominance of celtic.

King, who has also spoken of his desire for a female presence at the club, has promised Steven Gerrard a significant transfer budget if he agrees to take over.

Talks with the Liverpool icon are ongoing but despite reports a deal has not been concluded and discussions will continue later this week.

Murray, 54, joined the Ibrox board in 2015 after playing a key role in ousting the previous regime, allowing King and the so-called Three Bears to seize control of the club.

Hong Kong-based Scott was only appointed to the board in December 2017 as part of a group that gave £6.5million loans to the club.

King and Park are looking to appoint non-executive directors who will take a more strategic view of the club’s development rather than seeking a day-to-day influence at the club.

The Ibrox board have come under fire for their failure to find a successful manager to challenge the superiority of celtic.

Rangers insiders claim King’s ongoing dispute with the takeover panel was not a factor in the decision of Murray and Scott to step down, just 24 hours after Graeme Murty was axed.

this is the full article.

If its Amanda Staveley then its a yes from me. Please God its not another Karen Brady, although even she would be an upgrade on Paul Murray.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

6 million dollar question, maybe they aren’t sure but are happy to let someone else take the heat on this one if it goes tits up. 

But surely if they are unsure whatsoever then they should be airing those views??  No one on the board should just be tagging along agreeing with anything just so they don't get a hard time

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

If its Amanda Staveley then its a yes from me. Please God its not another Karen Brady, although even she would be an upgrade on Paul Murray.

Why must it be a female??  Why not the best person for the position regardless of sex or race

2 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

That’s the name I thought of too if we could get her on board I’d be very impressed. 

2 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

But surely if they are unsure whatsoever then they should be airing those views??  No one on the board should just be tagging along agreeing with anything just so they don't get a hard time

Power play maybe??? 

Give King enough rope to hang himself.