King wants new investors on the board

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I was one of the people who supported king.

At the time I seen Mike Ashley and his board draining us of our resources. We were 1 emegency loan away from Ashley having security over ibrox. That's what made me back king. 

And now we are up to our eyes in debt and if King thought he could get away with it Ibrox would be on the table again. 

Just now, Goosetav said:

:lol: you're at it.

Serious question though, and probably not so far fetched when you look at the state we were in post Green/Llambias and with Ashley's boot on our neck. Would you?

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Serious question though, and probably not so far fetched when you look at the state we were in post Green/Llambias and with Ashley's boot on our neck. Would you?

It is far fetched. There was never a chance of us going bust.

If I had promised the Rangers support I was going to invest a certain amount of money I would have followed through with it. I wouldn't have made that promise in the first place though.

8 minutes ago, derekweir29 said:

With all this board level carry on I think the Gerrard deal will honestly fall through.

Board are a bunch of amateurs.  

I think it's all related to be honest.

17 minutes ago, backup said:

The bank had security over Ibrox for years, why the sudden horror of anyone else even king having security, assets are there to work for a company.

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And now we are up to our eyes in debt and if King thought he could get away with it Ibrox would be on the table again. 

And do you really think things would have been better under ashely and co. 

The emegency loans were drip feeds just to keep us going. While he wrapped up the club's assets via security. There was no way we weren't defaulting on those loans under his controlled board.

One of our biggest sources of funds the retail, the biggest percentage was all going to him under the one sided deal green signed. And don't forget the Newcastle loan 5. 4 of which never played for us but we were paying the wages

Eventually we default on the loans and hey presto Ashley owns Ibrox, Auchenhowie and all of our assets.  While still in control of Newcastle. Look at the state they have been in under his control. 

We were going under with Ashley and co in charge. 

Yes king and co have failed to live up to the promises made. But we are looking now with the benefit of hindsight.

Do you honestly think Ashley and co would have been much better? 

20 minutes ago, backup said:

Whatever become of dave's heralded "project 2022" ?

There was a whole lot of stuff about a forward financial and investment strategy and performance targets (eg league placings, cup wins) at the start. We gradually heard less and less about all that, and the details fell away, until we are now at the point when it all boils down to us somehow being 'ahead of the curve' because we are fewer points behind celtic this season than we were last time around. 

If this doesn't happen now it will be hugely embarrassing and humiliating. Not only were we the laughing stock of Scottish football before this, but were now going to be the laughing stock in England and Europe. I hope Iam wrong, but the longer this plays out the less likely it is to happen imo.

6 minutes ago, backup said:

Thanks, I should have realised it has 4 years to go before it starts, whatever was I thinking :duh:

It's a bit odd saying "whatever happened to that thing that is supposed to come to fruition in 4 years time?"

Just now, OhW said:

It's a bit odd saying "whatever happened to that thing that is supposed to come to fruition in 4 years time?"

How is it progressing since it was announced in 2016, do you know.

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

I guess the important question would be does anyone have an inkling as to what the parks think about gerrard.  Would they like him as the man or have they made any noises about someone else?? 

If true and they have the power then it's essentially upto them I guess?? 

Listening to David Edgar last night he gave the impression the Parks and King are of a similar mind set on the way forward. To be  fair he always stresses he isn’t ITK as such but he did say that was the case with the board from what he’s been told adding Murray was more of a ‘safe pair of hands’ thinking. 

13 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If this doesn't happen now it will be hugely embarrassing and humiliating. Not only were we the laughing stock of Scottish football before this, but were now going to be the laughing stock in England and Europe. I hope Iam wrong, but the longer this plays out the less likely it is to happen imo.

You’ve already posted this in the correct thread, why you now posting it in the wrong one? :confused: