Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

World class football? what's the use of that when he's at Firhill on a Tuesday night working with bang average players.

Everyone is by far overplaying the pull of Stevie Gerrard, do you honestly think boys are going to come to us for less money because it's him? Nonsense man, offer someone as little as a grand more a week and they'll be going elsewhere.

Best youths, we've been down this road before, Liverpool won't be giving them boys away cheap. We've had loanees from Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal & Spurs they rarely make a difference.

You are probably in the " lets bring Walter back " camp or the other guy in his 70's. Time to move forward. If a big name like Gerrard wants to go to Firhill on a Tuesday night then I'm in.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are probably in the " lets bring Walter back " camp or the other guy in his 70's. Time to move forward. If a big name like Gerrard wants to go to Firhill on a Tuesday night then I'm in.

I'm not actually I want the best man for the job which I can tell you now isn't a guy who's managed a few u18 games but he's a big name so we're alright.

FDB is a big name and won multiple titles yet vast majority do not want him (neither do I) so why would we accept someone who only got into management this season and at u18 level?

2 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I'm not actually I want the best man for the job which I can tell you now isn't a guy who's managed a few u18 games but he's a big name so we're alright.

FDB is a big name and won multiple titles yet vast majority do not want him (neither do I) so why would we accept someone who only got into management this season and at u18 level?

I seen folk on FF saying they wouldn't want Rafa Benitez ffs and now they're all creaming over Gerrard :lol:

Because he will bring a support group with him that is vastly better than what we have to help him. Actually, the only two people I want are Gerrard or FDB. People who actually played the game and played it well. Not people like Pedro or MW. Those two were a bigger gamble imo

2 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Christ, are you looking for a date with me. Stop stalking. And who the hell uses the word " tube" nowadays!!

Go back to arguing on YouTube.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Because he will bring a support group with him that is vastly better than what we have to help him. Actually, the only two people I want are Gerrard or FDB. People who actually played the game and played it well. Not people like Pedro or MW. Those two were a bigger gamble imo

Nonsense. Good player doesn't mean a good manager. Would you rather have Mourinho or Ronaldinho as manager?

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Nonsense. Good player doesn't mean a good manager. Would you rather have Mourinho or Ronaldinho as manager?

I'm pretty sure he means involved at the highest and know what it takes.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I'm pretty sure he means involved at the highest and know what it takes.

he wants people who "played the game and played it well" not "Warburton or Pedro [who did not play the game well]". 

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

he wants people who "played the game and played it well" not "Warburton or Pedro [who did not play the game well]". 

I read what he said, and I think he means it's better to have people who have been involved at the highest level of the game than someone like Warburton/Pedro.

Gerrard could sell Ibrox out 3/4 times over hes a box office name and will get Rangers name on the back pages for the right reasons.

Away fans will back him to the hilt up and down the country Ex England skip being manager of our club after were we have been the last few years 

Like it or not up and down this country people will turn out at grounds just to see him

Archived