Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

From today I think it’s already clear that Gerrard gets it. He knows what big clubs are all about and what’s required. He’s already shown that by talking about how winning is his only philosophy at the moment and how we need to sign players who can embrace the challenge of being a Rangers player.

Guys like Warburton, Murty &, to a lesser extrent, Caixinha could speak well and talk a big game, but I don’t think they ever truly got what is required at a big club.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Very true mate. I did say actions speak louder than words. Just get a good feeling about Gerrard, not as worried about his lack of 1st team managerial experience now having listened to him.....plus they are a couple of bawbags.

If Gerrard wants to manage Liverpool in the future, he’ll have to be a success here. Which means he’ll have to win the league in his four year contract. I’m excited, and looking forward to the new season.

1 hour ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Sorry for being such a miserable git but still not convinced by this appointment.

Obviously wish him all the best and hope he is the one finally to take us forward but I think a lot are now feeling intoxicated purely in the name Gerrard and we need to know all the details of the finance being provided to the manager before getting carried away.

We probably all do but we should just feel satisfied that SG wouldn't come without some kind of assurances . If we band figures about you'll suddenly see a big increase in the price of players as well as salaries . 

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They don't want him to succeed and they don't like the fact many of our support are happier than they have been in many a year.

He has huge potential and has experienced everything as a player and captain. A natural leader with nerves of steel.

Given the right support from us fans and the right finances there is no reason why he can't bring us title 55. 

I'd be worried if our enemies wanted him here, as it is they are showing a fear that they haven't tasted in years.

No surrender Stevie -G-

Very well said spot on. They are showing Fear. I like that reality.

39 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Said it few days ago

The Rangers are still a massive club all around the world . How many clubs can actually say this ???  Really

We will always be a top draw for any Manager . Even if we are more of a wounded animal these days

Hopefully now . We are just about to go  through surgery . If successful................................... Onwards and upwards

Well said

father in law in San Francisco just now playing golf at the Olympic course, just face timed, guess what they are all speaking about out there????? only show in town

16 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

You won the league and nobody cares lol

You know what W, I know you are not keen on Gerrard but what you have said is spot on. Never has a league win been ignored as much as this. I fucking love that arrogant tranny shagger will be hating every second of this. 

No fucking surrender

No matter what happens in my life Rangers are an ever present concern of mine every minute of the day.  Work application is consistent as is in keeping with our Protestant upbringing. The turmoil of our club has really stretched my happiness . Today is great day to be a Rangers fan. I said to my little nephew last night if this happens you might just get a feeling of the real privedge of supporting our club. He has followed as as child with distinction through the shit. I don’t post much as you lot are too profound for me. So proud to be Staunch??Happy Gerrard Day! 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

You know what W, I know you are not keen on Gerrard but what you have said is spot on. Never has a league win been ignored as much as this. I fucking live that arrogant tranny shagger will be hating every second of this. 

No fucking surrender

I wasn't keen until this morning mate but I sat watching his press conference this afternoon with the biggest smile ever :lol:

Hope to fuck this goes our way 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Can't wipe the smile off my face still fuckin buzzing man

Feel exactly the same mate. Been to anfield many times to watch Gerrard and now I get to see him in the best place in the world. Iv got Liverpool shirt with his name on the back but my new gers home shirt next season will have Gerrard on it aswell???

Got a real buzz watching that interview. Bury the shite we’ve been wading through and don’t look back . Welcome aboard, Mr Gerrard - let’s get the boilers going and get our magnificent blue leviathan rumbling forward again.

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Love this photo.

3BA242D9-E66E-4EC1-86F9-FD6D6BAD77A8.jpeg.67702d1ed6439aaffc1d754507a58f4f.jpeg

The guy absolutely exudes confidence, determination and he’s got the brown brogues already (Pedro wore trainers FFS)

He has the Brogues as he has class and knows the dress code, even our fucking chairman can't wear a white shirt.

I'm growing increasingly excited about this. I had my reservations as many of us did but he certainly talks the talk, fingers crossed he can walk the walk as well.

Archived