Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

It’s hard to not be a bit excited because of his name value but I’m going to remain cautiously optimistic until we are quite a few games in.  

I’m not going to be tripping over myself to praise how great it is when the media team inevitably release a video later on today consisting of clips of the first day of pre season playing over some easy listening background track.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/06/2018 at 08:46, DBBTB said:

It’s hard to not be a bit excited because of his name value but I’m going to remain cautiously optimistic until we are quite a few games in.  

I’m not going to be tripping over myself to praise how great it is when the media team inevitably release a video later on today consisting of clips of the first day of pre season playing over some easy listening background track.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This thread is absolute gold.

Few games in...

Thoughts now?

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Few games in...

Thoughts now?

Better than I ever expected tbh. A ropey start in the league but I didnt give us a hope of getting into the Europa League and we did better business in the Summer than I thought we would too. What I like most about him is his common sense approach to managing us. Nothing fancy, just doing the obvious things that we’ve all said that we needed for years to make us a better team and it’s working.

Pretty sure I went ballistic when it broke. Then I jumped on the hype train when he done his first press conference. 

Ever since I go to bed at night thinking of Gerrard standing on the touchline hands in the pockets staring onto the park. 

Staunchness personified

Appointing Gerrard as manager was a huge gamble, especially after all the other gambles and consequent loss of money that went before him. I stand by what I said in the past - simply put - the board got lucky. As I also said before, I'd be absolutely delighted if he is a success. So far so good, but until he's lifting that league trophy up high it's still an experiment which could go one of two ways.

I respect all the others in here which thought this was too much of a gamble, even if it pays off.

On 24/04/2018 at 19:13, Bad Robot said:

A big fat no for me as he’s an inexperienced coach / manager and this would be just another risk / project. Footballing wise we just can’t take that risk any other fuck up may cause our support will drop which will consequently drop the finances and then we are back onto dangerous ground as we have no sugar daddy.

Me thinks our man is changing my mind with the mentality that seems to be imparted by oor SG MBE onto this team ?

On 26/04/2018 at 13:33, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's why I quite like the idea.

He's not in the management game cos he's retired and struggling.

He could easily live off his money made and cosy punditry gigs.

But it shows he's determined and will want to prove a point and will be taking it seriously.

Positive and spot on...

Archived