Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, B1872 said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t want Gerrard and think it’ll be a disaster? We’ve taken a gamble and it didn’t work and set us back. We need someone to settle the club with experience of managing a club. We’ve clearly learned absolutely fuck all.

Btw the fucking FF train pish is chronic. ??

Nope, I'm horrified that this actually happens.

Remove the name from the individual involved and the circumstances of us taking on an under 18s coach that's only been there for a year to manage us is ridiculous.

Looking at Gerrard himself and yeah he seems a decent guy and winner. But is that enough for the complexities of our club?

I don't imagine he will have a huge network of clubs happy to resource his player requests other than Liverpool. It's not enough.

I really dread his inexperience being exposed by the likes of TLB or Clarke or even worse Rodgers.

With a lesser valued squad, less transfer budget, internal team problems and a shambles of a Board I can't believe he can be the best fit for us right now. 

I'm not excited one bit. I'm actually concerned greatly that we've gone down this route.  

Realistically he's not going to get any time, and the concern is he doesn't have the experience to handle the pressure of a managerial appointment. The guy didn't want to cut his teeth at MK Done. 

13 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

King's timing is off yet again. Why release this info before the celtic game tomorrow? 

Because it takes all the media focus off the scum game and the fact they could clinch the title tomorrow.

I also suspect if we get beat it'll be announced early next week again to take focus off the fact they've won the league.

14 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Nope, I'm horrified that this actually happens.

Remove the name from the individual involved and the circumstances of us taking on an under 18s coach that's only been there for a year to manage us is ridiculous.

Looking at Gerrard himself and yeah he seems a decent guy and winner. But is that enough for the complexities of our club?

I don't imagine he will have a huge network of clubs happy to resource his player requests other than Liverpool. It's not enough.

I really dread his inexperience being exposed by the likes of TLB or Clarke or even worse Rodgers.

With a lesser valued squad, less transfer budget, internal team problems and a shambles of a Board I can't believe he can be the best fit for us right now. 

Exactly my thoughts. This just screams disaster.

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Because it takes all the media focus off the scum game and the fact they could clinch the title tomorrow.

I also suspect if we get beat it'll be announced early next week again to take focus off the fact they've won the league.

It could be, but I think it's a PR stunt to try and repair King's image and avoid more protests due to him being in breach of the court ruling. I don't think he cares if his statement unsettles Murty and the team. The announcement could have waited until deal was set in stone.

Apparently itk cunts exist on follow follow so I took a trip over and they whole thread is utter pish about trains and how good the thread is 

have these boys learned nothing If this comes off this is as big a gamble if not bigger than any they have taken so far and we can delude ourselves into thinking it takes the shine off a title party all we want it doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Apparently itk cunts exist on follow follow so I took a trip over and they whole thread is utter pish about trains and how good the thread is 

have these boys learned nothing If this comes off this is as big a gamble if not bigger than any they have taken so far and we can delude ourselves into thinking it takes the shine off a title party all we want it doesn’t. 

The taigs I know think this is hilarious 

6 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It could be, but I think it's a PR stunt to try and repair King's image and avoid more protests due to him being in breach of the court ruling. I don't think he cares if his statement unsettles Murty and the team. The announcement could have waited until deal was set in stone.

The news about Gerrard broke before the court ruling was breached thogh?

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

There's nothing on the official website yet https://Rangers.co.uk/news/

:lol: 

It'll be fine, the best scout we ever had was from Liverpool. What a coup it was for us getting mcparland. Actually reasonably hopeful about Gerrard because of what sounds did, but it will take a comparable investment (taking into account our current circumstances) and the right no2. We don't need s manager but we do need a coach that can command respect and get effort and commitment from this team. Some players like goes and Martin will leave and it will make room for Gerrard appointments.

What we need to remember is that gerrard wont be the manager, he'll be the first team coach, he wont have to deal with contracts, player identifying etc, simply he'll be there to organise, train and run the first team playing wise

Now wether he's good enough for that is another question 

if he takes the job then he needs to hit the ground running and win every game. coming to a club like ours is not the place for someone who is looking to learn and be forgiven. you must win every game or you'll be out the door again real fucking fast. 

of course i'd wish him the best and good luck (he'll need it). who ever our manager is i'll back them and give them a chance. 

if he wants to learn and get experience under his belt then he ought to go manage a wee diddy team somewhere who are fine with losing games.

Just now, billym27 said:

if he takes the job then he needs to hit the ground running and win every game. coming to a club like ours is not the place for someone who is looking to learn and be forgiven. you must win every game or you'll be out the door again real fucking fast. 

of course i'd wish him the best and good luck (he'll need it). who ever our manager is i'll back them and give them a chance. 

if he wants to learn and get experience under his belt then he ought to go manage a wee diddy team somewhere who are fine with losing games.

Every single game?

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Outrageously uber staunch. 

Class but expected

staunch cause i want my team to win? alright then. standards slipping here or something? never known any Rangers fans happy with a draw or defeat.

35 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Gary Mac still in the mix? any idea as this guy is Gerrards assistant in the Liverpool under 18's.

Only going by previous posts on here , I think it's all three of them . 

Archived