Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Paul Merson should go back on the drink, at least he'd have some sort of an excuse for the complete wank he talks 

Horrible cunt shame if he cuts his throat with his gillette he loves. Nothing serious of course.

10 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

When we played Liverpool a few years back did we give Gerrard a cringy as fuck round of applause just for being quality as we did for lamps and kaka?

Not that I remember. Carragher and Torres were both applauded as then ran around the pitch doing their warm down.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Paul Merson should go back on the drink, at least he'd have some sort of an excuse for the complete wank he talks 

He's very bitter. Wasted his own chances so finds it difficult to see others taking theirs.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He's very bitter. Wasted his own chances so finds it difficult to see others taking theirs.

He talks like he's had some incredible career yet he spent most of his time at clubs like Boro, Villa and Portsmouth. I don't know how anyone can listen to guys like him, Nicholas and Thomson on Sky Sports, it's dreadful.

9 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

When we played Liverpool a few years back did we give Gerrard a cringy as fuck round of applause just for being quality as we did for lamps and kaka?

You probably think Iniesta being given a round of applause by Seville last week was cringy as fuck too.

Sometimes you just got to appreciate a great performance even when it's an opposing player. Too many people so easily embarrassed by fuck all.

46 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think it has to happen now for the credibility or the club as much as anything. As someone who wasn't convinced originally I'm now desperate for it to happen. 

Another rejection would be humiliating and god knows who we'd turn to next.

You know as well as I do who they'd turn too

2 minutes ago, gsa said:

He talks like he's had some incredible career yet he spent most of his time at clubs like Boro, Villa and Portsmouth. I don't know how anyone can listen to guys like him, Nicholas and Thomson on Sky Sports, it's dreadful.

'Lads club' mentality, laughing and joking and admiring each other's humour ?

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

You probably think Iniesta being given a round of applause by Seville last week was cringy as fuck too.

Sometimes you just got to appreciate a great performance even when it's an opposing player. Too many people so easily embarrassed by fuck all.

Aye or the Juve fans applauding that overhead kick from Ronaldo. Utterly cringey to acknowledge class.

53 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I’m sure money is not an object for Gerrard personally but in the sense of his ambitions at the club it is a must.

That’s what I mean.

If the rumours of major investment are true then that’s a bigger story than Gerrard 

Maybe they're linked.

We've been pretty mediocre both on and off the park these last few years with the toxicity, the bad press, so maybe with the iconic figure of Gerrard, some investors may see it as a turning point and smell sucess is coming. Under normal circumstances, we are very investible. Those with some foresight get in quick before the succes, instead of having to pay a premium for the privilage afterwards.  King will have done his homework to entice them and Stevie G himself is very investible, but he will be our Stevie G.

I just so much fucking hope that this is the beginning of the end of our woes and a new and successful era is at last emerging. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Maybe they're linked.

We've been pretty mediocre both on and off the park these last few years with the toxicity, the bad press, so maybe with the iconic figure of Gerrard, some investors may see it as a turning point and smell sucess is coming. Under normal circumstances, we are very investible. Those with some foresight get in quick before the succes and have to pay a premium to do so. King will have done his homework to entice them and Stevie G himself is very investible, but he will be our Stevie G.

I just so much fucking hope that this is the beginning of the end of our woes and a new and successful era is at last emerging. 

And all of Gods people said, Amen

It would be a Marquee signing, it would gain a lot of news time and could very well enable us to bring a standard of player to Ibrox that would otherwise be beyond us. 

If it happens,  we will have no choice but to back him and hope for the best. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not sure mate. Gerrard isn't short. He could get a lot more money going back out to LA and doing ad's, coaching, promotions, reality TV etc out there. No doubt about it.

The appeal for Gerrard is management. The chance of a lifetime to manage a big club like us as his first managers job. 

The way we are just now and the state we are in the job isn't for everyone it seems but it still appeals to anyone with a hint of personal ambition.

That’s the thing as well though, as you say “the way we are now”. Fuck me what an opportunity for someone, to bring us back to our rightful place. It’s the fucking stuff of legend and a once in a lifetime thing. 

Bottom line is we will be back sooner or later and somecunt will be remembered forever for it, we are still a huge club and that in itself should be a draw, but without doubt someone will reap the benefits of winning 55 soon enough. 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If SG turns us down now, im packing football in and moving to the West Indies

Looks like we're 99.9% there.

I fucking hope he's signed the dotted line already and ir's only the official announcement we are waiting on, as in after the taig game.

On the fucking prayer mat all night. If it doesn't happen, Allah can fucking have me, as I can't face those taigs at work after giving it large all week. Stevie's coming to get them and their tranny shagger. They don't fucking like this one bit.

5 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

I'm nor convinced the Board could afford Gerrard or any reasonably experienced good quality manager of a calibre that could lift Rangers into a proper title-challenging side anytime soon.  I'm not convinced there is enough money to create a big enough transfer pot to attract far better quality players.

As KAI has already mentioned, Gerrard isn't short of cash. He doesn't need a large wage to pay the bills. Additionally we don't know how much he'd be looking for. The experience could be more valuable to him than the cash. We do however need a pot of cash for player transfers, but sometimes a few tweaks and changes can make the world of difference. 

Right now we don't know if Gerrard is coming. He might, he might not. However I think his silence means he is seriously considering it, rather than a favour to King to overshadow the share news and lift season ticket sales.

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Perhaps they won't get away with it if it emerges that he doesn't take the job.   But on the other hand the spin machine would be put into turbo mode to make the point that they aimed high (at least in their view of what 'high' was) and tried their best to persuade him with a good deal and all that but he preferred other options.     That way it'll be a case of trying to show that they were trying hard to land what they though would be a big fish and can't be faulted for having the high ambition.    A bit like a business having a stretch target and absolutely great if they hit it but the real target that had to be hit - the affordable one - was quite a bit lower.   A vaulting ambition and good for PR but shrug of shoulders if it doesn't happen because reality has brought them to heel, and reality is all that could be done anyway.

So as I see it they'd simply put the full 'we tried very hard' story out and then we settle down to the reality of who they actually get.   

I'd like to trust them more about achieving the appointment of a really good quality manager, but their track record so far leads me to a position of believing it when I see it. 

Ah but that’s the thing Stevie G isn’t  a big fish managerial wise. Aye he’s a famous face but he’s also a huge gamble. 

For it to then transpire that he wasn’t ever wanted or had no intention of taking the job. Then their goose is cooked. 

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

As KAI has already mentioned, Gerrard isn't short of cash. He doesn't need a large wage to pay the bills. Additionally we don't know how much he'd be looking for. The experience could be more valuable to him than the cash. We do however need a pot of cash for player transfers, but sometimes a few tweaks and changes can make the world of difference. 

Right now we don't know if Gerrard is coming. He might, he might not. However I think his silence means he is seriously considering it, rather than a favour to King to overshadow the share news and lift season ticket sales.

Was thinking the same yesterday. If it’s just a load of shite, with all the speculation throughout British media, he’d have just distanced himself from it, so for me, the fact he’s said fuck all means there is more than a little substance to it. 

If  he’s at the piggery the morra, I think it’s safe to say it’s a done deal ??

Should defo announce this tomorrow afternoon if the tarriers beat us, take the heat off their win and make us the story. Even if it get's confirmed and signed tonight, hold off announcing it just because of that.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Looks like we're 99.9% there.

I fucking hope he's signed the dotted line already and ir's only the official announcement we are waiting on, as in after the taig game.

On the fucking prayer mat all night. If it doesn't happen, Allah can fucking have me, as I can't face those taigs at work after giving it large all week. Stevie's coming to them and their tranny shagger. They don't fucking like this one bit.

No they dont do they. Im telling ye when we win 55, hopefully within the next couple of years, these cunts are going to be flinging themselves in front of trains, am telling ye, it's going to happen, emotionally they are going to fall down a mountain side. They can't handle us having small wee victories as it is, but they are seriously going to fucking capitulate mentally when we get our shit together. It's going to be lovely.

Ps got to remember that all of their fans 30 or under didn't go through the shit in the 90s that the older ones did, so they are seriously going to fucking fall apart.

Our current support has lived through this hell for 6 years. There really is nothing else that we can go through as a fan base. We've had everything thrown at us, and guess what were still here.

Archived