Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he has been offered the job then I would imagine that he would accept. He is not going to be offered a bigger job as a new manager. Whilst it maybe a sign of how far we have fallen that we have to go after a rookie gaffer, we are still a massive Club, and anyone with any sort of ambition will jump at the chance we offer them

37 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Maybe they're linked.

We've been pretty mediocre both on and off the park these last few years with the toxicity, the bad press, so maybe with the iconic figure of Gerrard, some investors may see it as a turning point and smell sucess is coming. Under normal circumstances, we are very investible. Those with some foresight get in quick before the succes, instead of having to pay a premium for the privilage afterwards.  King will have done his homework to entice them and Stevie G himself is very investible, but he will be our Stevie G.

I just so much fucking hope that this is the beginning of the end of our woes and a new and successful era is at last emerging. 

I don't belive it's a coincidence that new investment is being linked, now it looks 99% certain Gerrard is coming in. The guy is a brand in himself and hopefully there will be investors looking to come in due to his status in the game. 

I hope he can get it done on the pitch and finally we can start being successful again.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Is Gerrard definitely coming?

Given what I know about Gary Mac, yes it looks like Gerrard is coming, however my connection isn’t to Gerrard so can’t say something could change I’m not aware of but looking very very likely. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Given what I know about Gary Mac, yes it looks like Gerrard is coming, however my connection isn’t to Gerrard so can’t say something could change I’m not aware of but looking very very likely. 

If Gerrard says yes is Gary Mac coming also aye?

1 hour ago, gsa said:

He talks like he's had some incredible career yet he spent most of his time at clubs like Boro, Villa and Portsmouth. I don't know how anyone can listen to guys like him, Nicholas and Thomson on Sky Sports, it's dreadful.

He was a very decent player, talks pish now, but he was good. Probably would have been even better if it wasn't for the drink and coke? Well maybe not.

Nicholas and Thomson were great players aswell, I can't take that away from them.

40 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

That’s the thing as well though, as you say “the way we are now”. Fuck me what an opportunity for someone, to bring us back to our rightful place. It’s the fucking stuff of legend and a once in a lifetime thing. 

Bottom line is we will be back sooner or later and somecunt will be remembered forever for it, we are still a huge club and that in itself should be a draw, but without doubt someone will reap the benefits of winning 55 soon enough. 

I agree, whoever takes us back to the top and winning ways, if it's Gerrard, will instantly go down as an ALL TIME Legend. Years ago I used to think that only a European trophy win would catapult someone up to that all time great status, but the next manager who wins us the league will be right up there.

32 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Should defo announce this tomorrow afternoon if the tarriers beat us, take the heat off their win and make us the story. Even if it get's confirmed and signed tonight, hold off announcing it just because of that.

Can't see them announcing it before the end of the season out of respect for Murty. 

33 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't belive it's a coincidence that new investment is being linked, now it looks 99% certain Gerrard is coming in. The guy is a brand in himself and hopefully there will be investors looking to come in due to his status in the game. 

I hope he can get it done on the pitch and finally we can start being successful again.

The CEO of Hummel will be wanking furiously behind his laptop at the recent Rangers news events.

34 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

‘He was at Gleneagles’ ‘he was at Ibrox today’.. trying to say Steven Gerrard has been in Scotland for the last 2 days and with all the speculation etc nobody has taken a picture of him? Nobody knows and anyone who says they do are talking pish.

You're surely not that naive. Its fairly easy to avoid the press and publicity. Why do you think Penas high jinks - Arta in September .... ? - were kept out the press. 

11 minutes ago, Hoss said:

You're surely not that naive. Its fairly easy to avoid the press and publicity. Why do you think Penas high jinks - Arta in September .... ? - were kept out the press. 

What High Jinks?

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Mate in the world of social media you can’t do fuckall without cunts seeing you, unless of course we smuggled him in the back of a transit van inside a cabinet. 

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

Mate in the world of social media you can’t do fuckall without cunts seeing you, unless of course we smuggled him in the back of a transit van inside a cabinet. 

Naivety at best ?

Archived