Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

17 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I agree, whoever takes us back to the top and winning ways, if it's Gerrard, will instantly go down as an ALL TIME Legend. Years ago I used to think that only a European trophy win would catapult someone up to that all time great status, but the next manager who wins us the league will be right up there.

100% mate. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Mate in the world of social media you can’t do fuckall without cunts seeing you, unless of course we smuggled him in the back of a transit van inside a cabinet. 

It's not like anything has been smuggled from Liverpool to Glasgow in a transit van before...

Probably thinking to positive but imagine it's all planned like this. Investment coming in with stevie g taking over as manager which will naturally give the club more world wide exsposure which is a good attraction to an investor? Could be a pre season tour of the Far East etc on the cards which will boost the brand and also allow us to get better sponsorship deals etc. Could be all a master plan by the board to propel the club into a new era.

or knowing our board it's a load of shite... 

53 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

No they dont do they. Im telling ye when we win 55, hopefully within the next couple of years, these cunts are going to be flinging themselves in front of trains, am telling ye, it's going to happen, emotionally they are going to fall down a mountain side. They can't handle us having small wee victories as it is, but they are seriously going to fucking capitulate mentally when we get our shit together. It's going to be lovely.

Ps got to remember that all of their fans 30 or under didn't go through the shit in the 90s that the older ones did, so they are seriously going to fucking fall apart.

Our current support has lived through this hell for 6 years. There really is nothing else that we can go through as a fan base. We've had everything thrown at us, and guess what were still here.

That’s something that I’ve not even thought about, great point. I was about 10ish when Souness came and during the ‘90s just became used to us winning and winning and winning. Those younger bead rattlers unfortunately only know what it’s like to win, bring on the fallout when 55 is ours.

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Probably thinking to positive but imagine it's all planned like this. Investment coming in with stevie g taking over as manager which will naturally give the club more world wide exsposure which is a good attraction to an investor? Could be a pre season tour of the Far East etc on the cards which will boost the brand and also allow us to get better sponsorship deals etc. Could be all a master plan by the board to propel the club into a new era.

or knowing our board they’ll give Murty a 3 year deal

1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

That’s the thing as well though, as you say “the way we are now”. Fuck me what an opportunity for someone, to bring us back to our rightful place. It’s the fucking stuff of legend and a once in a lifetime thing. 

Bottom line is we will be back sooner or later and somecunt will be remembered forever for it, we are still a huge club and that in itself should be a draw, but without doubt someone will reap the benefits of winning 55 soon enough. 

Exactly this. I dont get why we have had so many shysters at our club when the opportunity to become a legend to us fans is there.

The manager, players and board that get us our 55th title and return us to the top of scottish football will be forever remembered.  This is one of the most important titles in our clubs history for me after all thats happened.

Dave King is more wealthy than i'll ever be but if (big humongous if) he were to be responsible for somehow getting us back to the top of scottish football, that would be a status that couldnt be bought.

I am warming to the idea the more time goes on.  I thin though if he doesn't now come, it will hit us trying to find someone else, with the amount of publicity it has had

Looking at the current betting, the top 2 are Neil Warnock (69 years old, managed dozens of clubs , none for over 2 years, and won nothing more than player of the year 40 odd years ago) and Steve Gerrard (young, ambitious yet admittedly with almost zero management skills, but who definitely knows how to inspire even bog standard players to run through walls for example Liverpool winning in Istanbul after being 3-0 nil, down and out at half time)

I think I'd rather go with the ambition, brand name and promise Gerrard might bring.. and as has been said on this thread .. strap myself in and go for the ride .. 

Can't be any worse than whoever the board manage to get.

I just have the imagine of our team been 4-4-2 next season with 2 wingers getting to the touchline and whipping crosses it.

Gerrard has been brought up all his days at a club that's famed for attacking attractive football and I see Gerrard the manager being no different

1 hour ago, murzo said:

That’s something that I’ve not even thought about, great point. I was about 10ish when Souness came and during the ‘90s just became used to us winning and winning and winning. Those younger bead rattlers unfortunately only know what it’s like to win, bring on the fallout when 55 is ours.

The wee cunts have been spoiled. That's why they go about thinking they own the place. The taigs in our day were kept well and truly in their place.

2 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Looking at the current betting, the top 2 are Neil Warnock (69 years old, managed dozens of clubs , none for over 2 years, and won nothing more than player of the year 40 odd years ago) and Steve Gerrard (young, ambitious yet admittedly with almost zero management skills, but who definitely knows how to inspire even bog standard players to run through walls for example Liverpool winning in Istanbul after being 3-0 nil, down and out at half time)

I think I'd rather go with the ambition, brand name and promise Gerrard might bring.. and as has been said on this thread .. strap myself in and go for the ride .. 

I'm all over the place with this one, one minute I want a hardened experienced manager the next minute I'm wanting Gerrard to come in and lift the whole whole club, however if he decides it's not for him I don't think I could cope with another embbarresment like the mcinnes saga, we'll be a laughing stock again, so it really needs to happen now imo, Gerrard will be a brilliant commercial appointment I just hope he has what it takes to manage a team like ours. He has to be. 

11 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

The thing is he was a Manager on the field of play for about 2 decades with England and Liverpool. That experience will do for me for starters.

26 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I just have the imagine of our team been 4-4-2 next season with 2 wingers getting to the touchline and whipping crosses it.

Gerrard has been brought up all his days at a club that's famed for attacking attractive football and I see Gerrard the manager being no different

I read somewhere he plays a 3-4-2-1.

Archived