Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be some laugh when he finally comes out and tells everyone that nobody from Rangers has ever spoken to him about the job. Probably in his kip right now, completely oblivious to all of this.

Cannot for the life of me get excited about this. I hope he’s a rip roaring success but fuck sake we’re employing another novice youth coach with a soft spot for the tims to actually stop the tims. Genuinely depressing what we’ve turned into. 

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The Daily Telegraph isn't exactly cutting edge football journalism. That article was probably written yesterday morning and is only being published for it's Sunday edition in the last hour.

This scott McDermott of the Sunday mail says its happening that good enough for me.

Every article says he has said yes so whatever the issues are it can't be a deal breaker

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Cannot for the life of me get excited about this. I hope he’s a rip roaring success but fuck sake we’re employing another novice youth coach with a soft spot for the tims to actually stop the tims. Genuinely depressing what we’ve turned into. 

7FB53A2A-DAD2-4D82-A424-8716EC3813A9.jpeg

Just off the phone arguing with a scouser I used to work with down south. Cheeky bastard recons that Gerrard doesn’t need to take our job as we will ruin his career before it gets started as he’s such a legend. I respected the fact he’s achieved what he has asa prayer then let the scouse prick know what a privalige he’d have getting to manage the worlds most successful club. And I had to mention although we’ve been in our worst place the kart few years they cunts have not won a league turner in 25 year ffs. 

Your man knows who’s likely to win a league title next bin dipper. 

9 minutes ago, FSM said:

Gonna be some laugh when he finally comes out and tells everyone that nobody from Rangers has ever spoken to him about the job. Probably in his kip right now, completely oblivious to all of this.

In fairness I think if that were the case he’d of done that by now 

12 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

So Gerrard is getting 20 million? Happy days. 55 will be delicious.

10 minutes ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Who promised him that amount of dosh, sounds like a Pheter Lhiewell stunt.

King Kirk. 

The transfer kitty (or alleged transfer kitty) sounds good in principle, but assuming it's true I'd still urge cuation - Pedro got a decent wedge to spend, as did McCoist .. you still need a competent manager to spend it or else it's pointless.

and we honestly don't know if Gerrard will be a competent manager. It's a two-fold risk in terms of both managing us and any transfer kitty given.

If we have put all our eggs in one basket and found our best transfer kitty for some time, God forbid us if Gerrard isn't the right appointment to go with it.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn my nose up at it. If he's got anything about him as a manager and capable of doing a job, then good funding will help no end I'm just cautious.

Archived