Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

The only positives I can see are that the players will definitely respect him due to his playing career, not like Murty, Pedro, etc and also he must have good connections in the game so should in theory attract a better quality of player..... in theory!

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye brilliant, we’re going from an under 20’s manager to an under 18’s. 

All because DK supports Liverpool.

For fuck sake.

Get this travesty of a board to fuck. An absolute shit show who don’t have a fucking clue. If Allen has anything to do with this, his head should be on a pike outside Ibrox.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Scenes if he's good but and sends Rogers back down south greetin' after he's single handedly fucked their 10 in a row

He preferred formation is a 3-4-2-1 (same as Rodgers).

He's also the first properly big name (as in known worldwide) manager we would have since Souness, which could work in our favour.

It's a massive risk but if it pays off it will pay off massively imo

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

He's also the first properly big name (as in known worldwide) manager we would have since Souness, which could work in our favour.

Pros : He’s a big name in football

Cons : Everything else

Fuck all is going to pay off. 

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

3 at the back would either work wonders or will just send our defensive into further meltdown which i can't bare to think about.

Think your right if it pays off it could be massive. I unfortunately can't see it being a success but would love to be proved wrong.

Just now, TheGovanIniesta said:

Gerrard - led the winning team out in Istanbul

Barton - led toward a jail cell for being a mutant

???

what you do on a pitch has nothing to do with how good a manager you are. But people saying Gerrard will be someone good to have in the dressing room to look up are correct in that he would be good in a youth team dressing room, not Rangers at Ibrox. Glad to be proved wrong and hope he does succeed.

1 minute ago, Daz-96 said:

3 at the back would either work wonders or will just send our defensive into further meltdown which i can't bare to think about.

Think your right if it pays off it could be massive. I unfortunately can't see it being a success but would love to be proved wrong.

Loads on here have been crying out for three at the back tbf

1 minute ago, ricksen_da_best said:

???

what you do on a pitch has nothing to do with how good a manager you are. But people saying Gerrard will be someone good to have in the dressing room to look up are correct in that he would be good in a youth team dressing room, not Rangers at Ibrox. Glad to be proved wrong and hope he does succeed.

I don’t think he will at all but if Gerrard goes to Melwood/Anfield everyone’s falls at his feet

if Barton goes to St James/Turf Moor he’s just another average English footballer who picked up a wage, type of cunt who pretends in his own mind to be like a Steven Gerrard in terms of leadership and ability 

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Would Arfield really have signed for us if he knows Gerrard is coming here? 

Doesn’t really add up

Who knows? he might be signing because he likes Gerrard and wants to work with him? 

1 minute ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

Would Arfield really have signed for us if he knows Gerrard is coming here? 

Doesn’t really add up

Why wouldn’t he sign? Do Gerrard and Arfield have history?

Archived