Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

https://youtu.be/iDSIyJUWQG4

He talks a good game. Makes good points. 

I just think that this could be yet another disaster if it happens. 

I hope to be proven wrong, the guy is a winner and I get the impression from the above that he won’t accept anything less than grit, fight and a drive to win. He would want the players putting everything on the line for him and that’s what we need.

On the flip side, can he handle the pressure up here, of winning every single game being a requirement, of stopping the scum, beating the scum, and treating them like scum. His playing career has set him up well, but how will he cope when ultimately the responsibility is his to bear?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

One post on ff saying Gerrard and  gary McAlister could be appointed by the end of next week:lol:

If that's the appointment, then why not? nothing really to lose as I expect us to get slaughtered in the tarriers game. Good chance to make themselves instant hero's.

Could be Souness mark 2.

I admire and respect him as a player and a person, and think he will have the respect of everyone in the changing room, add in his contacts helping us in the transfer market and we could have a revolution on our hands.

1 minute ago, JentleJames said:

Could be Souness mark 2.

I admire and respect him as a player and a person, and think he will have the respect of everyone in the changing room, add in his contacts helping us in the transfer market and we could have a revolution on our hands.

It certainly has that same feel of 32 years ago, almost to the day.

Just now, JentleJames said:

Could be Souness mark 2.

Are you at it?

Just as a daft example. See when you see him on TV does he sound sure of himself or does he go, "Eh, eh, well, this and that... and eh eh maybe that and this."

Souness sits beside him and talks clearly and confidently. Even after so many years out of the game he still knows what he's talking about.

Souness MK2 :lol:

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Are you at it?

Just as a daft example. See when you see him on TV does he sound sure of himself or does he go, "Eh, eh, well, this and that... and eh eh maybe that and this."

Souness sits beside him and talks clearly and confidently. Even after so many years out of the game he still knows what he's talking about.

Souness MK2 :lol:

Pedro Caixinha spoke as if he was as sure about everything he said as the sky was blue.

Means fuck all until you actually see how he manages people and builds a team, teams reflect the character of their manager and he has real character.

No sure about this if it happens but he can't be as bad as Murty/Pedro/Warburton....surely to hell. Murty was pulled from u20 and Pedro/Warburton most people had no idea who they were especially Pedro since nobody knew how to say his bloody name!

Whatever you think of Gerrard he is known all over the world...he must have all sorts of connections. Could help bring players in. He knows what it takes to play and win big games with his experience.

Fuck knows really...he could be shite but my point is just that we're already shite so unless he's a bigger donkey than Pedro/Warburton/Murty then hopefully it can only get better for us.

The more I think about it the more I think this has been in the pipeline for a lot longer than we think.

Gerrard's comments after the youth game months ago about us being a great club and Ibrox being an amazing stadium etc.
Him in the directors box as a guest last month at the Old Firm game.
The rumours about people inside Ibrox saying the next manager will be from England and is used to success.
Rat man King's various Liverpool outings and reported dinners with Gerrard. 

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

The more I think about it the more I think this has been in the pipeline for a lot longer than we think.

Gerrard's comments after the youth game months ago about us being a great club and Ibrox being an amazing stadium etc.
The rumours about people inside Ibrox saying the next manager will be from England and is used to success.

I was thinking about this too, but surely not? Surely they would have brought him in months ago. Why wait?

Hard not to be a bit excited by this just by his name alone but this would be a massive risk. Although he must be feeling confident in his own ability to do well because if he performs poorly or is sacked within 6-9 months his reputation would be in tatters. 

2 hours ago, JentleJames said:

Could be Souness mark 2.

Nowhere near souness mk2, souness had the money to go and buy the best players from england and Scotland, we dont have a penny to spend and the tarriers are out pending us by well over 10mill a year in wages, probably more 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

If McAllister is the assistant I’m led to believe he’s been at a couple of our games this season too.

Afraid I fall into the “this is fucking madness” camp. 

Absolutely fucking kamikaze decision if it happens. 

We need a safe pair of hands and we go for a manager with absolutely no experience. 

This is not going to go as they imagine. 

So let me get this right,we've went from 'We can't afford to take another gamble,we need to get the next appointment right. The next manager needs to be proven and experienced'

To....

'Ooooh Steven Gerrard!!!'

Call me cynical but this would have the makings of another disaster. I just dont see what he's done to merit getting this job.

Souness mk2? Geez peace ffs :sarcasm:

I really hope this is a rumour that has grown arms and legs as the last four appointments have been rookie managers making a cunt of the job when we have been screaming out for no nonsense experience, please please not again.

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Forget the downside anyone that's not a little excited by this prospect is lying to themselves.

Anyone getting excited about this must be 16 years of age or younger, I must be lying to myself as this has disaster written all over it.

Archived