Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Where dis thee rumours come from, I can't see him being a decent manager tbh, great player, but don't see him having the man mangement skills to get a team winning things after the honeymoon period is over.

De rumourz cme frm da Sun. 

35 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

I'm not excited by this at all. 

Terrified and angry would sum it up. 

Scunnered fucking sums it up for me. This might work but I sincerely doubt it will.

i thought we’d only go for experience and safe hands. This is fucking off the scale crazy.

stevie g and lampard are two of the best midfielders I remember from the last 20 years in the uk and amongst the best in Europe at the time. Fuck knows how that will transfer itself to management but this isn’t what we need. I’d get this if we’d recently employed 3 tried and tested managers that hadn’t worked so we think outside the box. 

This is madness

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You think this decision would help with this?

this is one almighty fucking gamble. Bigger than pedro

No, just think the club are trying to push it as a big name headline hoping it will sway people to renew. My view is they are playing Russian roulette.

Absolute nut case Dave king is appointing gerrard. I do however think he will be better than murty and players will want to play for him and he will command respect. My issue is he will be tactically naive (you would of thought based on experience) 

7 minutes ago, BOOTNECK-BEAR said:

No, just think the club are trying to push it as a big name headline hoping it will sway people to renew. My view is they are playing Russian roulette.

I doubt this would aide them tbh

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Forget the downside anyone that's not a little excited by this prospect is lying to themselves.

Forget the downside? There’s fuck all but downsides to this! What would be positive about it? Not in the slightest bit excited either.

Folk saying he’d command respect from players but would he? Fantastic player but he’s only ever managed at u18 level for fuck sake.

At least the board are consistent - they’ve left me feeling deflated and somewhat fucking angry. Disaster written all over it if this goes through.

Just now, james_85 said:

He would be so far down my list of choices that I didn't even consider this. He is a born winner, speaks well in front of the camera and would be respected. So far it's an upgrade of Murty. 

A fucking lump of wood is an upgrade to Murty, where the fuck have our standards gone?

I'm not going to lie, growing up I idealised Gerrard as a player. 

Absolutely the wrong decision to have him as manager and it disappoints me that I'll probably end up detesting him if he got the job.

Would love for it to work out if it does happen however. 

Archived