Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

:lol:

I don't find it entertaining anymore.

I'm gutted at the state of us, we are just one big joke and keep going from one red neck to the other.

Like DBTBB say's it's getting to the point where I'm just not going to give a fuck anymore because the guys who run us are burying us and it seems they will not be going anywhere anytime soon.

Keep signing shite players and playing horrifically bad tactically against them.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite what ff are saying there are no press at Ibrox, passed 25 minutes ago, dead as a doornail, more confusion below. 

Steven Gerrard talks with Rangers to continue as club plan to clarify Graeme Murty's future

15:50, UK, Monday 30 April 2018

Steven Gerrard is expected to continue talks with Rangers this week

Steven Gerrard is expected to continue talks with Rangers this week, with the club set to make an announcement on Graeme Murty's future.

Negotiations are to continue between the club and Gerrard's party in the aftermath of Rangers' 5-0 defeat to bitter rivals celtic, Sky Sports News understands.

Any potential agreement would see Gerrard take over his first senior position as a first team manager since retiring from the game.

Should Gerrard take up the post, it is expected his former Liverpool team-mate Gary McAllister will join him as assistant manager.

Interim boss Murty remains in place despite Sunday's loss at celtic Park, though it is now unclear if he will remain in the dugout for Saturday's home fixture against Kilmarnock.

Murty did not address the media following the defeat, which saw celtic pick up their seventh consecutive Scottish Premiership title.

Rangers have so far been unable to give confirmation on whether Murty will remain in charge though Sky Sports News understands the 43-year-old will address the media later in the week, with his immediate future likely to be clarified within the next 24 hours.

Murty had admitted to Sky Sports prior to kick-off at celtic Park that speculation surrounding links to Gerrard and the managerial position had affected preparations for Sunday's crunch fixture.

Just now, PeterheadBear said:

Aye so the guy has a bust up with Klopp, leaves and is then going to just come back after a few months....?  That about as sensible as taking on a youth coach to be manager of Rangers...oh wait. 

I'm not sure if it's genuine or they've had a busy up. We'll probably get the Liverpool U16s coach

1 minute ago, PeterheadBear said:

Aye so the guy has a bust up with Klopp, leaves and is then going to just come back after a few months....?  That about as sensible as taking on a youth coach to be manager of Rangers...oh wait. 

Sigh. He hasn't had a bust up with Klopp. He is merely taking short term leave to resolve personal issues

5 minutes ago, PeterheadBear said:

Dislike

1 minute ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Sigh. He hasn't had a bust up with Klopp. He is merely taking short term leave to resolve personal issues

I heard that also. Could be a family bereavement or anything. I'm sure Klopp and the guy have had many a bust up. You don't work with someone for 17 years and split at the first argument. Doesn't happen.

4 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I heard that also. Could be a family bereavement or anything. I'm sure Klopp and the guy have had many a bust up. You don't work with someone for 17 years and split at the first argument. Doesn't happen.

Exactly. I'm assistant manager of a team right now and the team manager and I  fall out about once a week. It is part of the game. Problem is, very few on here have any experience of playing football or working in the game and therefore don't understand the dynamics involved. The worst managerial teams are those who agree all the time. 

12 minutes ago, backup said:

Despite what ff are saying there are no press at Ibrox, passed 25 minutes ago, dead as a doornail, more confusion below. 

Steven Gerrard talks with Rangers to continue as club plan to clarify Graeme Murty's future

15:50, UK, Monday 30 April 2018

Steven Gerrard is expected to continue talks with Rangers this week

Steven Gerrard is expected to continue talks with Rangers this week, with the club set to make an announcement on Graeme Murty's future.

Negotiations are to continue between the club and Gerrard's party in the aftermath of Rangers' 5-0 defeat to bitter rivals celtic, Sky Sports News understands.

Any potential agreement would see Gerrard take over his first senior position as a first team manager since retiring from the game.

Should Gerrard take up the post, it is expected his former Liverpool team-mate Gary McAllister will join him as assistant manager.

Interim boss Murty remains in place despite Sunday's loss at celtic Park, though it is now unclear if he will remain in the dugout for Saturday's home fixture against Kilmarnock.

Murty did not address the media following the defeat, which saw celtic pick up their seventh consecutive Scottish Premiership title.

Rangers have so far been unable to give confirmation on whether Murty will remain in charge though Sky Sports News understands the 43-year-old will address the media later in the week, with his immediate future likely to be clarified within the next 24 hours.

Murty had admitted to Sky Sports prior to kick-off at celtic Park that speculation surrounding links to Gerrard and the managerial position had affected preparations for Sunday's crunch fixture.

What's to clarify ffs. Murty your sacked see you later

4 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

People on twitter saying there is press gathering at Ibrox the now?

We've asked them all round for tea and biscuits to apologise for giving them the silent treatment yesterday. Journo's don't say 'no' to a free digestive. 

Just now, rangersross said:

We've asked them all round for tea and biscuits to apologise for giving them the silent treatment yesterday. Journo's don't say 'no' to a free digestive. 

Mark Dingwall has appeared with that big box of 100 Jaffa Cakes for a pound that was on offer in Tesco the other day

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mark Dingwall has appeared with that big box of 100 Jaffa Cakes for a pound that was on offer in Tesco the other day

Hope he bought a few packs. We're going to have journalists from throughout the world descending on us demanding sustenance when Steven "The Brand" Gerrard arrives. 

Archived