Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i listened to Danny Murphy on Talksport today and he never said Gerrard was wanting financial assurances

he said there have been talks that have been positive and there will be more in the coming days

finance was mentioned and Murphy said something along the lines of he doesnt know about that but he does know that Gerrard isnt daft and wouldnt be taking the job if he had his hands tied from the off

said Gerrard sounded excited when he spoke to him but it isnt a done deal

also said he didnt think Klopps number 2 leaving would have any affect on it whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, showtime69 said:

i listened to Danny Murphy on Talksport today and he never said Gerrard was wanting financial assurances

he said there have been talks that have been positive and there will be more in the coming days

finance was mentioned and Murphy said something along the lines of he doesnt know about that but he does know that Gerrard isnt daft and wouldnt be taking the job if he had his hands tied from the off

said Gerrard sounded excited when he spoke to him but it isnt a done deal

also said he didnt think Klopps number 2 leaving would have any affect on it whatsoever.

Agreed I mentioned Danny Murphys comments earlier I think that at least shows the talks are legit.

For me the talks must be about the resources though I can't think of much else there could be other than his personal reimbursement and his coaching staff and who they may be

I still don't know where I am on this one. I've gone through a whole range of emotions. Disbelief. Excitement. Fear. Acceptance. Now though, I'm back now to a mixture of fear & disbelief.

What other club would replace an interim manager, who has 6 or 7 months first team experience....with an Under 18 coach with no first team experience, and give that guy £1m a year (if reports are to be believed). Even chucking a wad of cash at him for transfers.......I can't realistically see him progressing us beyond the sort of position we were in under Warburton. That's if we're lucky. What if he can't motivate players, or has no eye for the sort of players we need/can afford? It's just lunacy. IF there is major investment, we should bring in a manager who has some experience, or even a sniff of improving teams. 

maxresdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

? Jesus wept, I try make one game a month if not every two as it is, even if I bought a ST id likely not attend any more games than I already did I'd just get a seat at Ibrox for the OF.

If my level of support isn't welcome then maybe I'm not a good enough fan and should just stop then

Going off the comments and judgment I really am a terrible fan.

If you can even call me a fan?

You can be a fan but not a supporter if you do that!! :tongue:

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

Has anyone confirmed that he is in Glasgow ? I would have thought someone would have seen him. :hmmm: 

The question is

IS KING IN GLASGOW?

Maybe staying down in Liverpool thrashing out the talks, would anyone be surprised if he had a residence there ?

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

The question is

IS KING IN GLASGOW?

Maybe staying down in Liverpool thrashing out the talks, would anyone be surprised if he had a residence there ?

The reason I asked about Glasgow was because that was what the press report said. 

Now I am not sure about King, but my guess is that he is back in SA where he will stay until the TOP fuck up is sorted, but I could be wrong. :happy:  

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The reason I asked about Glasgow was because that was what the press report said. 

Now I am not sure about King, but my guess is that he is back in SA where he will stay until the TOP fuck up is sorted, but I could be wrong. :happy:  

Tbf mate i didn't even read any press things the idea of king being in Lpool just came into my mind there as it might have made sense why he hasn't been seen in Glasgow.

Yet king was seen in Liverpool mid week last week.

1 minute ago, MattyBlue said:

Tbf mate i didn't even read any press things the idea of king being in Lpool just came into my mind there as it might have made sense why he hasn't been seen in Glasgow.

Yet king was seen in Liverpool mid week last week.

Yes I know he was there last week, supporting his favourite team :happy:

28 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I still don't know where I am on this one. I've gone through a whole range of emotions. Disbelief. Excitement. Fear. Acceptance. Now though, I'm back now to a mixture of fear & disbelief.

What other club would replace an interim manager, who has 6 or 7 months first team experience....with an Under 18 coach with no first team experience, and give that guy £1m a year (if reports are to be believed). Even chucking a wad of cash at him for transfers.......I can't realistically see him progressing us beyond the sort of position we were in under Warburton. That's if we're lucky. What if he can't motivate players, or has no eye for the sort of players we need/can afford? It's just lunacy. IF there is major investment, we should bring in a manager who has some experience, or even a sniff of improving teams. 

maxresdefault.jpg

You mean like PLG and what he did at Lyon ???

It's a risk, no doubt about it but when i see candidates like Clarke, McInnes, Potter etc i just think it's a risk whatever we do. 

Incidentally, i heard a rumour from a RST source that we went after Dyche and talks with his agent began. However, his personal terms were much much more than the proposed 20k a week Gerrard is on.  It never progressed from there 

It's last throw of the dice for this board and ive yet to hear a name that most Rangers fans have rallied around so if it's SG then let the dice roll. 

Archived