Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

There will be nothing official til Thursday at the earliest.

Gerrard will be in Rome for the Liverpool game on BT be interesting to see if he says anything,

Well if he’s in Rome and he wants to become a hit with the fans he might say FTP :lol:

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Fuckin hell this one is bad

Dyae want chips wae that

img1525125460680.jpg

The one on the right looks like The sixth sense kid grown up but still in 3rd grade but his dad put him on the board regardless :lol:

13 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I see David Edgar did a spot on a scouse radio station earlier

https://audioboom.com/posts/6834444-david-edgar-on-steven-gerrard-s-potential-move-to-gerrard

Cant wait for Stevie G to go toe to toe with Sheila, Raman Keith and Chris. The cream of UK and Europe football journalists in the room anf those 4 and their ilk. 

And now its over to the Scots press pack for some questions on Money and sectarianism.

I'd love to be able to look ahead and see if we're Champions in a year's time.

This simply has to work. Those sub human bog dwellers are on 7 in a row. This has to end now. 

The last thing this club and long term support need is the F.C BATE Borisov situation, where they are already two points clear after five games and are going for their 13th consecutive title in Belarus

Miracles or a Leicester City are required.

6 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

I'd love to be able to look ahead and see if we're Champions in a year's time.

This simply has to work. Those sub human bog dwellers are on 7 in a row. This has to end now. 

The last thing this club and long term support need is the F.C BATE Borisov situation, where they are already two points clear after five games and are going for their 13th consecutive title in Belarus

Miracles or a Leicester City are required.

Gerrard might be a success but it won’t happen next year unless there is a major swing, in fact any manager coming in is unlikely to win the title next year.

i’m looking for us to regularly beat the 10 teams and push the fucking scum to finish within points of them, maybe we’ll get lucky.

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Gerrard might be a success but it won’t happen next year unless there is a major swing, in fact any manager coming in is unlikely to win the title next year.

i’m looking for us to regularly beat the 10 teams and push the fucking scum to finish within points of them, maybe we’ll get lucky.

As bad as things are, I still have this ingrained belief that next season will be the one. If I lose that belief then I might as well support Hearts.

On your last point, the shite thing is we would have been right up there if we didn't fold against the tin pot teams as much as we did this season.

Fucking aaarrgh! 

27 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Got the heavy fear over this potential outcome.

Imagine that then they announce Murty for the new season?

I thought a few days ago before this story broke they'd land us with Murty but it's obvious they have other ideas as it stands.

That said, don't be surprised if Gerrard doesn't work out then they turn to Murty for next season. It would explain why they are throwing a protective cloak over him and were supportive to him after the cup semi final a couple of weeks ago - incase they need him.

4 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Everyone is so focussed on us taking the gamble on Gerrard and forgetting he would be taking a risk on us.

He had a 17 year career at Liverpool winning the champions league, UEFA cup, 2 European super cups, 2 FA cups, 3 league cups and 2 charity shields as well as Captaining both club and country. That’s not the kind of career every player has.

If he comes here and bombs then the chances of him getting another managers job much, much harder nigh on impossible (and by bombs I mean like Barnes at the scum where it took him 8 years to get the Jamaica job which lasted for a half a year, he was then turned down applying for the port vale job before landing the Tranmere job where he lasted 5 months)

So Gerrard either has to be confident in his abilities to do this job and will be successful to an extent or he is deluding himself and will have to resort to punditry to stay in football when it goes tits up. Either way it’s a big risk for someone that has built up,quite a reputation over his career.

He never won a league.

Should get, Vieira, Henry, Scholes, Beckham or Lampard. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

David Edgar has said SG was in Glasgow today and talks were positive there was 3 minor issues to resolve all around manager authority? He has accepted the budgets offered  

One of them is obviously transfer policy with Mark Allen dictating the policy and targets at the moment ... the same thing McInnes refused over ... be interesting to see if they give in for Gerrard and have a complete club policy rethink due to it.

24 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

One of them is obviously transfer policy with Mark Allen dictating the policy and targets at the moment ... the same thing McInnes refused over ... be interesting to see if they give in for Gerrard and have a complete club policy rethink due to it.

They'll need to if they want him imo Perhaps not full control but the final say on players in and out. 

31 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

An interesting side note is that Andy Scoulding (our chief of scouting) is apparently mates with Gerrard as Scoulding worked as a Data Analyst/Scout for both Liverpool and England whilst Gerrard was playing for both.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Well King is on record saying he didn't think a DoF was a good idea

?

55 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

An interesting side note is that Andy Scoulding (our chief of scouting) is apparently mates with Gerrard as Scoulding worked as a Data Analyst/Scout for both Liverpool and England whilst Gerrard was playing for both.

Is he Bombers boss then?

5 minutes ago, Carsons Dog said:

Is he Bombers boss then?

Scoulding himself says that "[The scouts] have a voice, everybody has a say, we have open discussions, we talk about things, put everything on the table and then we make a joint decision and then take that decision to Mark Allen."

I think it's 

Allen > Scoulding > All the scouts (including Bomber)

Archived