Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

49 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Well hopefully he can see strengths that he can coach. Everyone can give effort and dedication. If not they need to go

That was not my point. It's when people cannot deliver because their skill levels are much below what his is....the mistakes are more...how does he deal with this and react to it

Right now we are a rudderless ship with a bunch of mediocre players.....next season we will still have mediocre players.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The English media will be taking great interest in Rangers if Gerrard gets the job. That's what they're afraid of.

The disrespect from nobody wankers like Stuart and Sutton will not go unanswered. Lies from the likes of dungcaster will be reported as the scandal that it was. Rangers players getting attacked on the pitch will not be quoted as exuberance.

These cunts in the smsm are shitting it just now. 

Nail on the head

I'd be surprised if Steven Gerrard will be acknowledging the taigs up here or even know who the majority of them are. I'm sure he's got his own contacts who he'll confide in and listen to advice from. What the likes of walker and sutton have to say won't even register.

If gets the assurances he thinks he needs then i'm sure Gerrard will realise he can become a legend at another massive club, that could be his inspiration to take the job if he has a confidence in his own ability.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not as much of a risk as it is for us, but it’s definitely still a risk for him. 6 months down the line he could be a laughing stock with his coaching reputation in tatters, before his career has even got going.

He needs to just make us much more competitive and win games against them. I don't think it's much of a risk for him. If some here don't want him, then who should be the next manager?

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

He needs to just make us much more competitive and win games against them. I don't think it's much of a risk for him. If some here don't want him, then who should be the next manager?

Michel Preud’homme

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not as much of a risk as it is for us, but it’s definitely still a risk for him. 6 months down the line he could be a laughing stock with his coaching reputation in tatters, before his career has even got going.

Anybody coming in better not be thinking that failure will ruin them. They better be coming in knowing they will be successful. Failure should not be in their thoughts

48 minutes ago, ClydebankBearWATP said:

Well hopefully he can see strengths that he can coach. Everyone can give effort and dedication. If not they need to go

The last thing we need is another fucking coach ffs. We need a fucking leader that doesn't do prisoners.

The Stevie G is that man, but is he coming?

I fucking despair at the mentality.

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

The English media will be taking great interest in Rangers if Gerrard gets the job. That's what they're afraid of.

The disrespect from nobody wankers like Stuart and Sutton will not go unanswered. Lies from the likes of dungcaster will be reported as the scandal that it was. Rangers players getting attacked on the pitch will not be quoted as exuberance.

Good points :tu:

1 hour ago, Howsitgoing said:

This is up there with the "tens of millions" that SG will bring into the club. 

Can you explain how you see the English media taking Stuart and Sutton to task?

The English media will likely give a fuck for a couple of weeks then resort back to their current position of considering Scottish football as their very poor neighbours. 

Sky saying they will be updating from our training ground shortly for ‘latest’ - whether that will tell us anything new or not.....

Reporting now....

Guy saying talks continue with Gerard, hurdles remain. Nothing new. 

Just now, PeterheadBear said:

This is up there with the "tens of millions" that SG will bring into the club. 

Can you explain how you see the English media taking Stuart and Sutton to task?

The English media will likely give a fuck for a couple of weeks then resort back to their current position of considering Scottish football as their very poor neighbours. 

I assume he means that with the English media reporting more on us/Gerrard, then there’s likely to be more balanced reporting. The Scottish media know they won’t get away with outright lies if the English media are reporting in detail on the same story. 

1 minute ago, markem said:

Sky saying they will be updating from our training ground shortly for ‘latest’ - whether that will tell us anything new or not.....

Reporting now....

Guy saying talks continue with Gerard, hurdles remain. Nothing new. 

It's all very conflicting information. Some folk are saying hes in Spain. So unless he has mastered teleportation.

Appointing a marquee name with no experience in the hope that it raises the profile of the club is the sort of thing you see diddy, lower league, English clubs doing.

It’s also the sort of thing you shake your head at while sarcastically  saying “who didn’t see that coming” when you see the breaking news on sky sports news saying that they have been sacked or have left six months later.

4 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

I assume he means that with the English media reporting more on us/Gerrard, then there’s likely to be more balanced reporting. The Scottish media know they won’t get away with outright lies if the English media are reporting in detail on the same story. 

I agree and don’t think it’s ridiculous to suggest.  

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Appointing a marquee name with no experience in the hope that it raises the profile of the club is the sort of thing you see diddy, lower league, English clubs doing.

It’s also the sort of thing you shake your head at while sarcastically  saying “who didn’t see that coming” when you see the breaking news on sky sports news saying that they have been sacked or have left six months later.

Exactly. It’s like Barnet appointing Edgar Davids years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Fantasy land stuff.  

The English media don't, won't, will never care about Scottish football.  Mourinho could be the next manager and after the initial buzz Scottish football would be back to an after thought.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Aye but he'll not take any nonsense from the players.... :confused:

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Looking forward to patching him and him coming out with a Sol Campbell (hero lol) moment

9 minutes ago, PeterheadBear said:

Fantasy land stuff.  

The English media don't, won't, will never care about Scottish football.  Mourinho could be the next manager and after the initial buzz Scottish football would be back to an after thought.

Ordinarily you’d be right. But I think you’re underestimating just how big a deal this would be. North and south of the border. For the record I think it’ll be a disaster if it happens. 

Archived