Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Just now, keithgersbear said:

The Liverpool assistant is actually highly rated but yeah, Arsenal need a top quality manager. 

Arsenal are an odd club, seemingly unwilling to pay top dollar for a World Class Manager (Luis Enrique) so lets cheap out and get in the Liverpool Assistant or Arteta (as good as either might be)

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Think Gary mac has a lot more managerial experience than weir did tbh. Plus weirs expertise is defending and he was hardly gonna make class players out of the likes of kiernan. Don't think MW's philosophy suited having DW as a number 2.

Maybe mate I don’t know much about him he played well before my time so dunno what kind of player he was.

1 minute ago, chrism_scotland said:

Arsenal are an odd club, seemingly unwilling to pay top dollar for a World Class Manager (Luis Enrique) so lets cheap out and get in the Liverpool Assistant or Arteta (as good as either might be)

I think the decision to go after the Dortmund assistant will have come from their Director of Football who was at Dortmund during the time Klopp was there. Who knows maybe he is the brains behind Klopps success.

Just now, chrism_scotland said:

Arsenal need a new modern approach basically and it's amazing saying that. But Wenger never evolved as the game changed. A manager who will organize how to actually press would be an improvement which tells you all you need to know. 

27 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Michael Barrymore is a name and his career has went down the tubes. He's got the same managerial experience as Gerrard and would probably cost us a fraction of what Gerrard wants. 

Would ride Brenda with a baseball bat for fun up here :matron:

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I think the decision to go after the Dortmund assistant will have come from their Director of Football who was at Dortmund during the time Klopp was there. Who knows maybe he is the brains behind Klopps success.

Ivan Gazidis practically has control over football matters at Arsenal now. The Wenger era ending literally was the end of long term 10+ year managers. Even with good success. 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

2 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Arsenal need a new modern approach basically and it's amazing saying that. But Wenger never evolved as the game changed. A manager who will organize how to actually press would be an improvement which tells you all you need to know. 

Totally agree!

Just had a phonecall from my mate who knows George Linekar.

According to his Dad, Lampard was writing down the lyrics to the sash before the game...Rio tried to jump in by beatboxing the rhythm but was quickly shot down.

5 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Maybe mate I don’t know much about him he played well before my time so dunno what kind of player he was.

All I know is he was Scotland captain and manager Leeds, Coventry and villa as caretaker manager so has some experience at quite big clubs. Reckon he's a bit old school no nonesense type. Older lot on here might be able to enlighten a bit more 

Just now, Virtuoso said:

I know Gerrard is a risk, and hasn’t been a manager yet, and will require a lot of cash probably,  but that wee clip did excite me, and if he does sign I can honestly see it being a massive boost to the whole club and fans outlook. I really hope with his experience as a leader he will be able sort Rangers out - if nothing else with all the media comments he won’t be naive going into the job and knows the size of this club

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He was a Fantastic player. Played well for Liverpool in his later years, I’m sure he won the then uefa cup with them.

Just now, gersandy said:

He was a Fantastic player. Played well for Liverpool in his later years, I’m sure he won the then uefa cup with them.

That’s right, he was immense at about 38. Some shot on him. Played against us for Leeds 8 years earlier and he was getting on a bit then :lol:

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

Yep, was his last season I think wasn't it? Always had a soft spot for McAllister, would have liked to see him at Ibrox, was treated dreadfully as a Scotland player though booed at celtic Park.

Almost surprised he's never taken the Motherwell job actually. 

Archived