Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, gersandy said:

He was a Fantastic player. Played well for Liverpool in his later years, I’m sure he won the then uefa cup with them.

And got blackballed by the tartan trannies because of the penalty miss v England in Euro 96 

he was a cracking player back in the day. 

Scored a screamer at ibrox in the Battle of Britain with leeds in the first minute (mirrored by mark hateley at elland Road) 

also he has nothing but good things to say about the club 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

All I know is he was Scotland captain and manager Leeds, Coventry and villa as caretaker manager so has some experience at quite big clubs. Reckon he's a bit old school no nonesense type. Older lot on here might be able to enlighten a bit more 

He was a good midfielder with a crackin shot on him. Scored a screamer for Leeds against us at Ibrox in the qualifier for the first ever champions league but didn't celebrate the goal. 

The respect that our Club has down south is refreshing. Lineker calls us a great Club. Shearer and Ian Wright were also very complimentary on Motd2 Sunday night.

It's the hate filled taigs in the Scottish media who are so bitter that it's welcome to hear some compliments now and again.

Not getting away from the reality that this huge gamble by an incompetent Board might backfire spectacularly. I'm keeping my feet on the ground..

5 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

The respect that our Club has down south is refreshing. Lineker calls us a great Club. Shearer and Ian Wright were also very complimentary on Motd2 Sunday night.

It's the hate filled taigs in the Scottish media who are so bitter that it's welcome to hear some compliments now and again.

Not getting away from the reality that this huge gamble by an incompetent Board might backfire spectacularly. I'm keeping my feet on the ground..

Probably because they have had no interest in us since the uefa cup final.

There's no way Lampard, Ferdinand and Lineker don't know the inside scoop from Gerrard.

But now it has become public from the man himself then the board have to get this deal pushed through. Not because he's who I want as manager but because failure to get this done now will just show once again how incompetent and inept they are.

6 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Probably because they have had no interest in us since the uefa cup final.

Any football fans I've met down here are genuine when they say what happened to us was a fucking travesty. Be they Forest. County or Derby and even a couple of Mansfield supporters told me how they couldn't believe that the septic (their exact words) were allowed to practically cripple their only rival for a free run at tainted titles.  

I didn't realise how many average football fans down here have a good honest opinion about Rangers. Maybe I've just been fortunate to meet them. It's the poison fuelled by the taig media up the road that clouds and distorts the reality.. 

Some saying he looked a bit coy. Of course he is going to be coy. If he is waiting on outcomes for certain things that will benefit him in the job, he isn't exactly going to show his hand by coming on tv acting like a laughing hyena, and giving the impression to the Rangers board that he will still sign even if certain outcomes are not met. I think they call it showing his poker face.

16 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I was not sure about Gerrard but I'm hoping he's our Souness and I like that he's not scared of Brenda .

And good to hear Lineker calling us a great club .

Also when saying about Liverpools nos2 going to Arsenal GL saying imagine a big club taking somebody with no experience lol

SG said you've got to start some where.

So different from up here trying to talk him out of coming and all negative with anything to do with us.

I've upgraded my opinion of Gerrard from "big gamble" to "no idea how this is going to pan out".

Saying "big gamble" implies one is betting on a scenario that is unlikely to pan out.

I would say the odds are closer to 2/1 - it will either be worse, better or stay the same. :huh:

It’s strange how against this the Scottish media are. I get he’s a global name and will attract attention worldwide but he’s literally untested in management. 

I’d be sorta laughing at the tarriers if they went through this this due to his complete lack of experience. They’re obviously nervous for some reason

40 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Therre will be no inbetween with this one...masterstroke or disaster!

If he does come in we will be linked with every cunt during the summer.

What position does Mr Cunt play?

Archived