Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

8 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Nothing’s been “conducted” publicly. Not even in the slightest. Rangers have made no statements about Gerrard. He’s confirmed press rumours. I’m not a big supporter of this board, or even the Gerrard appointment, but making lies up about how they’ve went about it is embarrassing  :lol:

It's out there that we have spoken to him. that is fact. I didn't say that Rangers had made any statements about it, same as the McInnis saga, they press got hold of it (before Gerrard confirmed said rumours) so don't exaggerate what I have said please. Every bit of business we conduct always seems to end up in the papers, and it would be an embarrassment if he knocks us back now. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It's out there that we have spoken to him. that is fact. I didn't say that Rangers had made any statements about it, same as the McInnis saga, they press got hold of it (before Gerrard confirmed said rumours) so don't exaggerate what I have said please. Every bit of business we conduct always seems to end up in the papers, and it would be an embarrassment if he knocks us back now. 

The English press broke the story before anyone up here so it came from someone close to Gerrard. 

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

The English press broke the story before anyone up here so it came from someone close to Gerrard. 

I agree, but after the previous debacles we have had in hiring managers i would still say the board will have questions to answer if it falls through, especially with it being made public (even if from Gerrards side), and I wouldn't have thought he would confirm speculation unless things were at an advanced stage.

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Scenes on here tomorrow when the world press report they went to Ibrox for press conference and its JN saying the boys have trained well....?

"David Bates returned this week and trained exceptionally well"

6 minutes ago, MajorWhitey said:

Admin - what's the longest thread we've had on here? At 260 pages the now. 

Tons of threads in their thousands especially off topic. 

6 minutes ago, MajorWhitey said:

Admin - what's the longest thread we've had on here? At 260 pages the now. 

For transfers the Goodwillie thread was about 450.

Would've been longer if other threads had been merged in plus a number of posts deleted cos he was rapey.

Archived