Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, psb07158 said:

So many reservations about this but you know what, fuck it

if the board have somehow managed to find someone mental enough to plough millions into the club then we might actually challenge those fucks across the city next season 

See this is the sticking point, this board have continually lied about investment so why are we to believe them this time all of a sudden? 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm really, really concerned that it's based on promises of fresh investment from King.

Promises promises.

We should all know what a promise from Dave King means - even if some on here still don't.

That said, if investment isn't forthcoming now (and by that I mean 20 million plus in one go - not a couple of million here and there for second rate shit) then it never will. That's the truth.

One presumes Gerrard would want it in writing and a contract breaker.

Just now, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Bookies odds havent moved a muscle all night. 

RVP was a stick on at some point for those that believe the bookies. There were rumours it was three years three days ago and fk the record 

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Welcome Steven Gerrard ?

Absolutely delighted with this news :dance:

We have had many false flags over the last 6 years, but something feels different about this. It's new, its exciting.

Here's to the Dawn of a Golden era for The Rangers FC. :cheers:

where’s it confirmed ?

A couple of things :-

The Guardian (paper not poster) mentioned his task was to get closer to Sellick with a view of taking them on in his second season. - I’m not sure that will go down well. I suppose it could be mind games though....

If there is to be a large investment I sincerely hope we don’t reveal how much, despite us all wanting to know, as it’ll inflate the prices of players we want and give Sellick an indication of how serious (or not) we are.

Just now, The Godfather said:

See this is the sticking point, this board have continually lied about investment so why are we to believe them this time all of a sudden? 

I don’t mate, not until it’s formally announced officially by the club or we start bidding millions for players. Just odd to hear celtic sympathising cunts in the media like Guidi talk about it and claim he’s heard stuff etc and I genuinely doubt Gerrard would be coming unless we’d told him he has a decent budget. Murphy was on the TV saying that was Gerrard’s concern so I guess he must have been reasonably satisfied 

time will tell. King’s a chancing bastard and I wouldn’t be surprised if he managed to somehow persuade Gerrard he’s getting money without actual proof

Just now, Shuggy said:

One presumes Gerrard would want it in writing and a contract breaker.

I don't think that matters. I think the likes of King makes the decisions first then worries about the consequences later.

Of course, I could be wrong and there is legitimate big investment lined up, I'll just believe it when I see it.

Him and his cronies in the past have literally considered investment to be season ticket sales and also the wee couple of million here and there that the directors have put in past few years. Simply not good enough. He promised us 30-50 million from him alone, his Sons inheritence he said ... and now he could secure that elsewhere and him off the hook for his broken promises? absolute cunt. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I believe it this time simply because I think Gerrard is smart enough to make sure there's evidence he'll be getting what he wants.

Just now, Bears r us said:

I am not shooting the messinger mate, but something about that 4lads :wanker: makes me think he could do with a slap, condescending prick IMO. :thumbsup:

Ignore the Nonsense, The Irrelevant and The Noise.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, it's dreadful at times, patter like that, cunts asking 'Gregco' to retweet their ticket requests 24/7, close to deleting it :lol: 

I had Twitter a few weeks ago there, lasted almost 2 weeks, logged out and that was that. 

There's a couple of funny cunts on it like Cammy EBT and Orange Bunnet but guys like Grego and others that post shite about Rangers are absolutely mind-numbing. I'd love to put some sort of block on Rangers being mentioned in any capacity on social media.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I don’t mate, not until it’s formally announced officially by the club or we start bidding millions for players. Just odd to hear celtic sympathising cunts in the media like Guidi talk about it and claim he’s heard stuff etc and I genuinely doubt Gerrard would be coming unless we’d told him he has a decent budget. Murphy was on the TV saying that was Gerrard’s concern so I guess he must have been reasonably satisfied 

time will tell. King’s a chancing bastard and I wouldn’t be surprised if he managed to somehow persuade Gerrard he’s getting money without actual proof

Still not understanding the logic in securing big investment in order to persuade a youth coach to manage us. Why not use the big investment to pay a real manager?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I had Twitter a few weeks ago there, lasted almost 2 weeks, logged out and that was that. 

There's a couple of funny cunts on it like Cammy EBT and Orange Bunnet but guys like Grego and others that post shite about Rangers are absolutely mind-numbing. I'd love to put some sort of block on Rangers being mentioned in any capacity on social media.

A genuinely don't mind Gregco tbh, seeing him retweet ticket requests every five posts on your timeline just becomes a pain in the arse.

Archived