Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

7 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Me too mate. I can only assume that Gerrard and the investor are dependent on one another: obviously Gerrard wants the money, and presumably the investor specifically wants Gerrard.

As someone else said, maybe Gerrard Is the investor :lol:

I actually think there are a lot of positives in the (possible) appointment of Gerrard. Interest in us as a result, access to Liverpool second string/youth players, his connections in the game, the fact They seem to be livid about it etc etc. I just hope he is a fast learner and has some wise heads on speed dial.

Then I remember he is a 37 year old untried manager :lol:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Still not understanding the logic in securing big investment in order to persuade a youth coach to manage us. Why not use the big investment to pay a real manager?

It's likely the big investment is based on Gerrard becoming the manager. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

It's  got to be linked. It's to left field not to plus the timing of recent board departures.

29 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Still not understanding the logic in securing big investment in order to persuade a youth coach to manage us. Why not use the big investment to pay a real manager?

Maybe the big investment is only coming because of the youth coach.

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Also why not? Mark Allen will be there supporting and they’ll work together on transfers. Gerrards connections in the game will be hard to beat and if you’re a young player are you going to want to learn from one of the world’s best ever central midfielders or Steve Clarke?

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

6 minutes ago, Budswiser said:

Maybe the big investment is only coming because of the youth coach.

Yes I’m just catching up, been at work tonight. Looking like that’s the case.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Oh i see what they have done there, very clever eh 

Wasn’t ve5y ha5d

Cringeworthy pieces like this will pop up everywhere. It’s one thing having excitement and supporting it’s another praising and worshipping before he’s even put pen to paper ffs

Has anyone seen the back of The Record yet and seen who it is he wants to bring to Ibrox with him? assuming it's a player or two and not some boring as fuck backroom team info.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Has anyone seen the back of The Record yet and seen who it is he wants to bring to Ibrox with him? assuming it's a player or two and not some boring as fuck backroom team info.

It's not been released yet but they'e said it is a player and not backroom staff etc

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Another season worth of fans money gambled by King

Who wouldn't be a gamble? Walter Smith is the only guy I can think of who wouldn't be a gamble to be honest.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Are you guessing? are they any good? Origi's scoring record looks pretty pish.

Complete guess. My scoop if it's right but.

Grujic I've seen a couple of times... seems a good player and the kind of big fucker we are dieing for in midfield. I can dream.

Archived