Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Complete guess. My scoop if it's right but.

Grujic I've seen a couple of times... seems a good player and the kind of big fucker we are dieing for in midfield. I can dream.

Was reading Klopp tried to recall him a couple of weeks ago but Cardiff wouldn't send him back early

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Has anyone seen the back of The Record yet and seen who it is he wants to bring to Ibrox with him? assuming it's a player or two and not some boring as fuck backroom team info.

I highly doubt the record will know. They’ve been playing catch up the whole time and now suddenly they know who he wants?

As you suggest it’s probably Gary Mac and Tom culshaw

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Has anyone seen the back of The Record yet and seen who it is he wants to bring to Ibrox with him? assuming it's a player or two and not some boring as fuck backroom team info.

Don’t tell me that John terry rumour again cos I did see that on some pages on fb .

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

I highly doubt the record will know. They’ve been playing catch up the whole time and now suddenly they know who he wants?

As you suggest it’s probably Gary Mac and Tom culshaw

Paul Murray will be free to tell them now he's stepping down, anything will come from him. 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Was reading Klopp tried to recall him a couple of weeks ago but Cardiff wouldn't send him back early

Yeah, I'd imagine Cardiff will be in poll position for another loan next season. Or he'll get some game time with Liverpool. Looked a right big, strong, composed lad. Sat and dictated the pace when I saw him.

This is the kind of hopeful thinking Gerrard is going to cause.

20 minutes ago, brazz1972 said:

Who wouldn't be a gamble? Walter Smith is the only guy I can think of who wouldn't be a gamble to be honest.

You're failing to acknowledge that some individuals represent more of a gamble than others.  Appointing someone who has one year of managing a under 18 team represents a huge gamble.  

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Makes our last 3 games must wins and if confirmed then the players should be fighting for a place in a new era about to hit even if they only make subs bench it's time they stepped up as he will be bringing in top players IMO.

I wouldn't hold your breath mate. They are shite and they know it.

And Jimmy Nicholl's a dud as well.

Just now, Blueofblood said:

It’s got fucking John Barnes written all over it, I hope to fuck I’m wrong but it’s another car crash in the making.

Fuck John Barnes. Gerrard has a much more modern mindset of what it takes to do this.

Bring it on.

If all the talk is accurate and King has pushed for Gerard, the gazillions of pounds are available etc then we will have a win either way.

King has backed himself in to a corner now, he has went for his choice and said he will pony up the cash.

If it is as said and we go on to win the league under Gerard with said ponied cash, brilliant, if King doesn't pony up he has played his last game of poker.

As much as he can't really be trusted, would king put himself in this position?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That’s the type of signing we need to put us back on the map 

I'm not entirely convinced that couldn't happen the way his career is just now. 

It'd make a lot of sense for him.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not

Being serious, provided he's fit. Great wee player, but it would have to be some sort of loan or pay as you play deal as there's a risk there.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Being serious, provided he's fit. Great wee player, but it would have to be some sort of loan or pay as you play deal as there's a risk there.

I’d take him on a pay as you play deal but every time I’ve seen him recently he looks unfit and pretty much finished as a player. Injuries have really taken their toll on him mentally and physically.

Archived