Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

I have to admit, I’m quite excited about this now. I was dubious about this whole thing up until about a minute ago ?

But my hope is that a back “triangle” of McGregor, Alves and(if the rumours are true) Skrtl mixed with Gerrard knowing what a midfield needs to be doing will surely see us being a far more formidable team than we have been.

I know Alves hasn’t set the heather alight (and may very well leave) but I think he’s maybe been trying to dodge injury for his last ever World Cup. I appreciate folk will be raging at that but, if I’m being ultra generous to him, we’re not his boyhood heroes and if he missed out on a last crack at the World Cup coz some hammer thrower injured him then I can see why he’s try to avoid that. If he decides to retire after the WC then that’s good we save on wages.

I also appreciate that Skrtl has his downsides but he’s a hardy player and would surely be able to take the rough and tumble up here.

I’ll probably regret all of this but we haven’t had too many things to be excited about in the past 6 years as Rangers supporters, so I’m taking it.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

What kind of manager has he been like? 

Sit looking glum and uninspired when being beat? Or mollycoddle his players?

Or does he shout and demand action?

He hasn’t been any kind of manager at all.

3 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

hes been an under 18s manager...

Coach, no?

EDIT: nah it says ‘manager’. Still wouldn’t take it as a proper job.

2 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

I truly hope for no Skrtl. That is a tattoo impersonating a defender! The same mould as a certain Swiss person who visited us recently for a sight seeing holiday.

Nothing like him.

16 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Maybe this is what he was meaning lol so cringy 

He’s a creep. 

Bring it in real close, no closer, towards me, closer.....

25 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

They might hate other, just remember the clip good, they were talking for a good bit, could all just been because of the Liverpool connection. I know Gerrard is still raw about BR dropping him for Real Madrid game 

Think he slates Rodgers in his book aswell, saying he threw him under the bus after his slip against Chelsea. 

48 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Exciting and sure we will all support him however I have this little nagging doubt eating away that “promises” of investment is not the same thing as “actual” investment. We have all been misled before at this club and SG needs to keep his eyes and ears open. If there is no investment on the scale required I hope he kicks off about it. 

I have a vision of this being one of those 35 day reigns, with him cashing in his chips if the board don’t make good on their promises.

UNLESS

The rumoured investment is dependent on his appointment.

Typical of our lot, though, to get things the wrong way round, leaving us to wonder where the money is coming from.....

14 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The tarrier 'everyone loves us' mob are going into meltdown over this.

THEY were expecting us to get another knock back.

GIRFUY.

Haha true. 

They really can't handle that a lot of world football's eyes are on Rangers with this Steven Gerrard news:lol:

2 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Ahhh nice n tight.... :megaanguish:

:megaanguish:

Genuinely does give me the creeps the cunt. 

No words to describe how much I’d like to see the condescending, smug cunt put in his place.

Over to you Mr Gerrard. 

21 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

The tarrier 'everyone loves us' mob are going into meltdown over this.

THEY were expecting us to get another knock back.

GIRFUY.

This is it. Mad that we are doing something, trying something daring and exciting in a business and football sense, rather than curling into fetal position.

5 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

Haha true. 

They really can't handle that a lot of world football's eyes are on Rangers with this Steven Gerrard news:lol:

If it does actually happen, how will Brendan's ego cope with a bigger, and more internationally known, name than him in Scottish football, a person who will generate more media coverage and interest than he could ever hope to do!

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not wanting to be negative or buzzkill but has anyone considered what might happen if King doesn't come good on this promise of substantial investment that he's assured Gerrard of? could you imagine how difficult it would be to attract top players and/or a capable manager if Gerrard were to fall out over a lie like this and walk away? our brand could be ruined for a long, long time.

I'm not saying this on purpose to kill any good feeling irrespective of what a couple might think reading it, it's actually a legitimate concern of mine.

This has to be done right on so many levels. I'm really hopeful King finally comes good on delivering something to us because he owes us it in my eyes.

Buzzkill

20 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It's weird, despite all our reservations it's difficult to not be excited by this. Even Gollum just described it as "stardust for Scottish football" 

Yes that is for sure S, I have never really liked him as a person but will now have to change my opinion and it is a huge gamble but we might be in for a better time. 

We can only live in hope and go with it. :thumbup:

Archived