Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

well, Ive been hearing is an english person, currently employed.  i thought that was warnock, however gerrard could easily fit that bill..and we know DK loves Liverpool....

I've heard that too but the name I heard is way out our league so it's unsurprising to me if we end up with Gerard :depressed:

I am not overly excited by him but his stature in the game means he would certainly have a bit more clout in that dressing room, which is very important. If you are not on yer game then imagine trying to tell Steven Gerard that you know more about how to compete than him, might even be able to get Rossiter to step up to the plate. If he comes in then it wasn't the way I thought they would go but would give him the chance to impress me, all in all a bit meh :headscratch:

This does alarm me. Ex Liverpool captain and star midfielder with no management experience starts a revolution in Glasgow attracting star signings....hold on this isn’t Souness and we are not going to be signing the England captain and half their midfield. Souness was of his time. He was amazing and changed he culture of not only our club but Scottish football backed with huge money. The climate is different now. We are playing catch up with minimal funds. Is yet another experiment with Gerrard really the solution here or will it let them walk to 10. 

Problem with young manager making their way in the game is that they are raw, learning and will make mistakes. Is Rangers the club to be learning your trade. Because of the arse we have made of this season, next season there is going to be unbeliable pressure and we have a rookie stearing the ship. 

2 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Problem with young manager making their way in the game is that they are raw, learning and will make mistakes. Is Rangers the club to be learning your trade. Because of the arse we have made of this season, next season there is going to be unbeliable pressure and we have a rookie stearing the ship. 

Agree, if it is him (I seriously doubt it), it will be his number 2 which becomes the most important position filled over the summer.  Potential if he gets that right, its just hard to think that we will get anything right.  

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

The lack of any managerial experience is massive and there’s no getting away from that. 

However, in terms of his character, there are a good few positives.  He’s British, which a lot of fans have been hoping for.  His stature in football will make attracting good players and sponsors a bit easier, whilst also commanding respect from his players.  He has plenty of experience of intense media focus from his time at Liverpool.  He has a winning mentality with a fair amount of success at a huge club.  He will know better than anyone about Rodgers’ weaknesses (if he is still there next season).

Again the lack of experience cannot be ignored, but in terms of characteristics,  he ticks a lot of boxes.

Dave king trying to convince the support to buy season tickets after Steven Gerrard is appointed manager.

image.png.3a4b460210cc18714822dfba995f52ba.png

Archived