Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Just now, StirlingBear72 said:

He was one of my favourite players. I admire him, his ability and the fact he was a one club man.

This is the manager, not the player. That's why I'm reserved. I hope he gets a good budget and that he turns us around.

Once bitten twice shy as far as our recent appointments go for me!

Me to mate. I’ll enjoy the summer and then  worry about it in August ?

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

If it does actually happen, how will Brendan's ego cope with a bigger, and more internationally known, name than him in Scottish football, a person who will generate more media coverage and interest than he could ever hope to do!

Brenda will be fine.

He's bigger than Jesus

4 minutes ago, StirlingBear72 said:

He was one of my favourite players. I admire him, his ability and the fact he was a one club man.

This is the manager, not the player. That's why I'm reserved. I hope he gets a good budget and that he turns us around.

Once bitten twice shy as far as our recent appointments go for me!

5 times bitten mate

If this supposed investment is contingent on Gerrard being the manager (and vice Versa) could we not end up in the position where it hasn't worked out for him but that investor won't let us sack him? 

4 minutes ago, The Wire said:

If this supposed investment is contingent on Gerrard being the manager (and vice Versa) could we not end up in the position where it hasn't worked out for him but that investor won't let us sack him? 

I wouldn’t have thought so. Why would an investor want the club to do badly? 

4 minutes ago, The Wire said:

No, people with money always think about money, and a bad manager will decrease what they invested rapidly, unless it is an individual billionaire that wants it as a play toy.

Is it the answer, I'm not sure, but there is no doubt there must be funding available to sway him to come, with his name and who he is, U18s coach or not I think we will or should get some good players this pre season.

I'm excited but also a bit unsure because of the last few years with us, until we get back and win a trophy or a title I will always be on edge no matter who we appoint, will back him and the team to the hilt though, it's actually exciting me thinking about it. :UK:

21 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He’s made for life. If King fucks him about he can and will walk thus protecting his credibility. And leave King with the debris 

this is all in King’s hands 

Sorry mate it's shite joke Friday. It was a music (debatable) reference.

8 hours ago, brazz1972 said:

Who wouldn't be a gamble? Walter Smith is the only guy I can think of who wouldn't be a gamble to be honest.

someone who has a proven track record wouldn't be as much a gamble as a youth coach - we've been there and done that and look how that turned out.

I’m more worried about these cunts we have impersonating footballers giving it their all in these last 3 games and Gerrard decides to give them another chance. 

This appointment should spell the end for at least 10 of them. 

Windass’ days of shying away from tackles and walking about the park should be over 

Was a big no from me because of the gamble but ofcourse like most ppl saying no he'll get my full backing as our manager like we always do and hopefully he's the man to restore us back at the top of our game  and in our rightful position...welcome to the world's most successful club Mr Gerrard.

13 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

Just switched on Sky Sports News.

This Luke Shanley looks gutted with life reporting about Gerrard at Ibrox, either he's no had a coffee or he's a raging tim.

i think it's the latter!

Definitely a raging tim.

Archived