Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's calling him the "geemaster"  and the "geeman". He should get a lifetime ban from Ibrox for that patter. Actually,  a lifetime ban from Earth. 

I was going to start a thread yesterday "what will the G man bring to Rangers" lucky I didn't now.

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

I would be surprised if bbc news were running the full conference live mate but i will certainly check that out. Thanks very much.

3pm on a Friday tends to be rolling news a big story like this will be covered, given the interest in this I wouldn’t be surprised if they had the majority of it...otherwise there might be a YouTube link from the club, keep your eye out in here ??

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

3pm on a Friday tends to be rolling news a big story like this will be covered, given the interest in this I wouldn’t be surprised if they had the majority of it...otherwise there might be a YouTube link from the club, keep your eye out in here ??

Thanks mate

Forget the appointment lads you all no my opinion on that.

The very fact this is happening gives me hope for the future the last few years have been terrible a rudderless ship imo.

The fact hes taken this job to me is a signal that things might be about to turn. He's no coming up here without substantial investment from somewhere. I hope this season's been our rock bottom and we can start seeing the Rangers we know and love getting shit together finally.

19 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Same mate, although totally against it at the start, but now it's happening, can't help but get caught up in the euphoria of it all. 

That he's even signing, means there is decent money to be spent. 

Nervously excited, is how i'd describe myself. 

this

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Forget the appointment lads you all no my opinion on that.

The very fact this is happening gives me hope for the future the last few years have been terrible a rudderless ship imo.

The fact hes taken this job to me is a signal that things might be about to turn. He's no coming up here with substantial investment from somewhere. I hope this season's been our rock bottom and we can start seeing the Rangers we know and love getting shit together finally.

Nearly 30k posts but you've finally made a sensible one. Well done, proud of ye.

Well. This is it. Our last roll of the dice to stop them getting 10 in a row. Hoping King sees it that way too and the investment rumours are true.

Like it or not we ALL need to back this and get behind the team. Fail now and we are fucked. No chance we will equal 10 in a row in our lifetime so let's put a fucking end to it now!

As with the previous managers, he will get my support. However, I fucking despair right now that our board think it’s acceptable to go with yet another experiment after two fucked up seasons back in the top flight where we haven’t even been best of the rest, let alone challenging. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

If you think Gerrard is coming here to try and compete on a shoestring budget you're off your head. 

It's fairly public knowledge his lawyers asked for binding guarantees on future investment 

As I'm noted as being the resident pessimist - I'll just chime in and say how King is well respected and renowned for keeping to his legally binding word.

I've got my reservations of Gerrard appoitnment as well noted., clearly I'm a bheast for not jumping on the band wagon on this, but again he'll get my support.

I'm just not convinced, whether King's promises are iron clad, signed in blood, blessed by relatives of King William and legally binding that he can be trusted to keep his word.

But of course none of us on here know a single thing that happens in the boardroom and we can only speculate, for all we I can guess, the promise of funds could have been on the proviso that if he signs, King resigns and then these new mystery investors come in and lets him and Allen sign the players he deems fit for the this club.

Just now, I-AM-ONE said:

As I'm noted as being the resident pessimist - I'll just chime in and say how King is well respected and renowned for keeping to his legally binding word.

I've got my reservations of Gerrard appoitnment as well noted., clearly I'm a bheast for not jumping on the band wagon on this, but again he'll get my support.

I'm just not convinced, whether King's promises are iron clad, signed in blood, blessed by relatives of King William and legally binding that he can be trusted to keep his word.

But of course none of us on here no a single thing that happens in the boardroom and we can only speculate, for all we I can guess, the promise of funds could have been on the proviso that if he signs, King resigns and then these new mystery investors come in and lets him and Allen sign the players he deems fit for the this club.

The investment isn’t from king :matron:

Archived