Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

11 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

As I'm noted as being the resident pessimist - I'll just chime in and say how King is well respected and renowned for keeping to his legally binding word.

I've got my reservations of Gerrard appoitnment as well noted., clearly I'm a bheast for not jumping on the band wagon on this, but again he'll get my support.

I'm just not convinced, whether King's promises are iron clad, signed in blood, blessed by relatives of King William and legally binding that he can be trusted to keep his word.

But of course none of us on here know a single thing that happens in the boardroom and we can only speculate, for all we I can guess, the promise of funds could have been on the proviso that if he signs, King resigns and then these new mystery investors come in and lets him and Allen sign the players he deems fit for the this club.

No you're a bheast (your words) as you registered as we went into admin, posted nothing for 6 years to now pop up being negative as fuck and introducing yourself as ‘I am one’

I’m not really for these types of accusations but, c’mon - it’s haddock  tonight isn’t it?

Fair play for surviving this long.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Backup running admin chat and BA seems weirdly cheery

My logic behind his cheeriness was the hope that Gerrard wouldn't happen, King would be slaughtered and he could have said "I told you so" then claim he was even on board with his plan.

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

If he doesn't register himself as a player he can fuck off lol, 

Seriously though he really should register himself, he'd fucking pish this league, 

Our current team are probably a yard behind him in thinking anyway ,n it would look like SG was passing to nobody 

There are only so many times you can turn over the managerial cards hoping that the next card is going to be the ace that gives you the winning hand.

I hope Gerrard, for all his lack of managerial experience but hopefully more than compensated for by his top level winning mentality football experience, turns out to be an absolute winner of a manager for Rangers.  We need it.    

I hope he gets the financial backing he needs to bring players in who will be a proper credit to Rangers and I hope he is able to transform the squad into a proper recognisable title challenging Rangers squad next season and for seasons to come.  It takes money for player transfers - lots of it - as well as a manager with a winning mentality.   In persuading Gerrard to come to Rangers I hope that King has found some much needed serious money for the transfer fund.

Here's to a very successful season for us next season, and hopefully Gerrard turns out to be the ace manager we need. 

I'm starting to buy into this  everyday.......there is still a possibility that we will finish 4th this season which quite frankly is embarrassing, this tells me it surely has to get better, at the end of the day Gerrard is coming to learn his trade in Scotland.....I'm sure we are all in agreement that there are a lot tougher leagues to cut your teeth in, I guess what I'm saying is the opposition ain't that great,  Lennon is proving this with the job he is getting credited for over at Easter rd.....the same Lennon who couldn't lay a glove on the championship in England with Bolton, he has found a way of competing against the taigs with an average squad that consists of journeymen with 2 or 3 decent players.

If Gerard signs us better players and makes us fit and hard to beat make no mistake we will be challenging next season, I'm actually looking forward to hopefully getting back on the map instead of being ridiculed from every part of the media.......I saw all this in the early 80s when we looked beyond repair as we fell behind so many teams.....in came David Holmes who thought out the box and went and got us a box office gamble in the shape of souness, in no way am I comparing but there is a certain bit of de ja vu in all this for me.....give us an 86 season next season and I guess we will all agree it was a gamble that will have well and truly paid off.

Archived