Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, backup said:

Just the normal before a selik game now, anything to unsettle The Rangers, as amateurs go king has no equal or is it deliberate !

See that space in between deliberate and the exclamation point? That really irritates me. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Everybody is running with this story now. I don’t know how people can say that they think there is no chance this happens because it looks like a deal is already well on it’s way to happening.

I think it’ll be announced next week. Can’t remember if that’s what David Edgar said or not but I think he did 

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Just the normal before a selik game now, anything to unsettle The Rangers, as amateurs go king has no equal or is it deliberate !

Aye because we're going in to this game as firm favourites right enough. 

Haven't been able to read the whole thread. Can't see this mentioned. At first I'm thinking....no way. Not a good idea at all. No managerial experience. Then it hits me.

Souness. There's quite a few similarities between the two when you think about it. Only difference is that English clubs are able to play in Europe. 

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Can already see the quotes 'stevie phoned me and I told him how wonderful Glasgow is now I am here'

He'd been on the blower first thing forget about breakfast is Gerrard going to Rangers. Sadly we know I ain't even joking. 

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Haven't been able to read the whole thread. Can't see this mentioned. At first I'm thinking....no way. Not a good idea at all. No managerial experience. Then it hits me.

Souness. There's quite a few similarities between the two when you think about it. Only difference is that English clubs are able to play in Europe. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fucking hell.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Everybody is running with this story now. I don’t know how people can say that they think there is no chance this happens because it looks like a deal is already well on it’s way to happening.

This.

Every single news outlet and people who clearly have connections to the club saying talks are happening but still some come on and say na no chance :lol:

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

Agreed. 

We could totally go out and sign the England captain and goalkeeper if we wanted to right now. 

4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

There are absolutely no similarities, as history shows.

12 minutes ago, Siwel said:

He’s the manager of the Liverpool under 18s

As manager of Liverpool youths if he's stopped them from battering their sisters and stealing cars he's doing a fine job.

No no no. The more I think of it the worse it gets. 

It seemed like yesterday Gerrard was winning trophies almost by himself for Liverpool. I just can't envisage him wearing the club suit and tie and managing an Old Firm match.

More than one of the media outlets are now using the terminology "on a shortlist" rather than "in talks now". Wouldn't have thought much of it if it was just one source but seems odd about 3 of them have now started saying he's on a shortlist rather than saying he's in talks. 

Archived