Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Amazing, I go into STV West of Scotland News, basically Glasgow News every day just to see what's happening, I have seen Rangers story's in a bad light or negative reporting last up to a week on it, now we have a major player coach coming from England and there is nothing, mmmmmm, no matter wether you agree or disagree with this appointment he was one of the biggest names in football, strange that isn't it.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, markem said:

I never made any case for how the words were used. I said they were your words and you said they weren’t and called me numpty - remember?

Anyway what you do have right is no use in a Tit for Tat, as you’ve said, you are one, we will leave it there. 

Love you to mate.

Fer fuck sake I'm going to chase her up, she gets away early on a Friday, might not be happy coming from Glasgow then going back in but if we can we will, any times shown, they should have put all this up this morning and we would have got a fair few there I believe.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

They've just opened the turnstiles at Ibrox if anyone is interested in going.

Clearly you don’t have the agenda buddy’s but what would your guess be for the man to be paraded. 15:00 onwards?

Just now, laudrupno1 said:

Knew I  should've stayed in ffs :craphead:

Haha aye, a came onto the thread for an update and it was in the middle of a nickname argument and whether or not cushy would ban himself - not a managerial appointment post in sight.

Well proud of my Stevie 'G-Force' Gerrard though  :pipe:

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I’d hate to see your reaction had we missed out on him..... :lol:

I would have reacted more positively had we landed an actual manager.

Hope the guy has been rehearsing his lines. Can see the SMSP tearing in about him! "What experience do you have for the Rangers Job", "Have you been given assurances on transfer funds", Why did you take this job as your first managerial job".....etc.

To be fair, most of us would probably like those answers too, but I'm sure he'll get it tight.

42 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

As I'm noted as being the resident pessimist - I'll just chime in and say how King is well respected and renowned for keeping to his legally binding word.

I've got my reservations of Gerrard appoitnment as well noted., clearly I'm a bheast for not jumping on the band wagon on this, but again he'll get my support.

I'm just not convinced, whether King's promises are iron clad, signed in blood, blessed by relatives of King William and legally binding that he can be trusted to keep his word.

But of course none of us on here know a single thing that happens in the boardroom and we can only speculate, for all we I can guess, the promise of funds could have been on the proviso that if he signs, King resigns and then these new mystery investors come in and lets him and Allen sign the players he deems fit for the this club.

?

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Hope the guy has been rehearsing his lines. Can see the SMSP tearing in about him! "What experience do you have for the Rangers Job", "Have you been given assurances on transfer funds", Why did you take this job as your first managerial job".....etc.

To be fair, most of us would probably like those answers too, but I'm sure he'll get it tight.

He’s a former England captain with 100+ caps - he’ll have had media training our lot can only dream of.

Archived