Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just heard from somebody who is well connected in the game .not just the club that Gerrard and Gary McAllister are to be appointed as new management team .

don't think this would be anybody's cup of tea .

shades of Barnes and dalgliesh at the peadodome 

27 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Winning mentality isn’t just trophies,you don’t get to the level he got to without having a winning mentality.

you surely can’t say Gerrard hasn’t got a winning mentality?

i never said being a good player means your become a good manager I will merely stating Gerrard has a winning mentality when he was a player 

Our greatest ever Ranger had a ferocious will to win, he was at the club man and boy steeped in the history and tradition, John Greig was not a good football manager for us.

After the last four novice manager fuck ups imo this is completley the wrong route to be heading

37 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Fuck that mate you still support the 11 whether it’s mike Ashley king or any manager in charge.

dont let that shit influence having a ticket

Nah bollocks to it mate I'm not giving those incompetent arseholes a fortune again if this is the road they decide to go down. 

Mind boggling appointments and decisions made constantly and I've fucking had enough of it,we'll be sitting here a year from now on going through the same pish once again. 

I'll still buy tickets on a game by game basis, but if Gerrard is appointed there needs to be a clear message from the fans that enough is enough, we need this new man to have done something in football not have another apprenticeship on the cards. 

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

just heard from somebody who is well connected in the game .not just the club that Gerrard and Gary McAllister are to be appointed as new management team .

don't think this would be anybody's cup of tea .

shades of Barnes and dalgliesh at the peadodome 

Define “well connected” please?

This is a huge gamble. It's either going to be a master stroke from this board or there epitaph.

It's clear that King with his known love of Liverpool is the one pushing for this to happen. So it's on him to make it work. With that in mind I think he will be willing to hand Gerrard a bigger transfer budget than what we have seen so far.

The pros with Gerrard are he would have respect in the dressing room, reputation/contacts will likely attract better players and he would help restore a toxic brand and attract fresh investment.

The major negative no management experience. We've seen in the past a great player doesn't equal a great manager.

If he is appointed like any supporter I will back him.

But I see this being our version of John Barnes at scum then a Graham Souness revolution.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nah bollocks to it mate I'm not giving those incompetent arseholes a fortune again if this is the road they decide they go down. 

Mind boggling appointments and decisions made constantly and I've fucking had enough of it,we'll be sitting here a year from now on going through the same pish once again. 

I'll still buy tickets on a game by game basis, but if Gerrard is appointed there needs to be a a clear message from the fans that enough is enough, we need this new man to have done something in football not have another apprenticeship on the cards. 

Each to their own but seriously fuck that.

if it works you’ll be fucked.

up to you though

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Not a fan of this appointment if true, but this is the attitude we need. Compare this to the ex players of 2012

596449C5-E905-4728-BDC4-12D5E1B474E6.png

I thought he was getting death threats and that’s why he stayed?

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nah bollocks to it mate I'm not giving those incompetent arseholes a fortune again if this is the road they decide they go down. 

I'll still buy tickets on a game by game basis, but if Gerrard is appointed there needs to be a a clear message from the fans that enough is enough, we need this new man to have done something in football not have another apprenticeship on the cards. 

This guy gets it.

5 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Not a fan of this appointment if true, but this is the attitude we need. Compare this to the ex players of 2012

596449C5-E905-4728-BDC4-12D5E1B474E6.png

He missed the bit where he put in a transfer request to leave

Archived