Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I think it all depends what happens alongside Gerrard, if investments are announced or guaranteed at the same time then it could be an exciting summer.

Investments and a managers reputation mean nothing. We’re just hoping Gerrard can build a decent squad. Him and his team need to be good tactically.

My 1st daughter was born 23rd December 2011 and I remember sitting in a shopping centre car park hearing we had went into liquidation. This in all honestly is the first time I have had a proper buzz surrounding our club since then. I am not 100% with Stevie g  yet buy it's certainly lit a fire within me!!!!!! And for my 2 girls 6 and 4 they genuinely know what's going on from no input of mine. T.v., radio, taig family member's ??? I think we might be onto something specials lads. We are the people and let's not let glasgow and the world forget it!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Finny said:

My 1st daughter was born 23rd December 2011 and I remember sitting in a shopping centre car park hearing we had went into liquidation. This in all honestly is the first time I have had a proper buzz surrounding our club since then. I am not 100% with Stevie g  yet buy it's certainly lit a fire within me!!!!!! And for my 2 girls 6 and 4 they genuinely know what's going on from no input of mine. T.v., radio, taig family member's ??? I think we might be onto something specials lads. We are the people and let's not let glasgow and the world forget it!!!!!!

Ffs wish you had told us and we could’ve put a stop to it since you heard it months before it happened 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Ffs wish you had told us and we could’ve put a stop to it since you heard it months before it happened 

Aye alright she might have been around a few month but around that time. Ya pedantic wank!!!!! ????

12 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Investments and a managers reputation mean nothing. We’re just hoping Gerrard can build a decent squad. Him and his team need to be good tactically.

To say investment and manager reputation means ‘nothing’ is just silly. Of course they do.

They are the two pillars alongside managerial ability which contribute to a club’s success. 

2 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

I hope to fuck this appointment works because we can't take another disaster.

Sorry if I'm bringing the tone down but I've seen too many false dawns in king's short time in charge.

I think there’s a sense of intrigue around what exactly made him take the job. IMO there must be some significant funds available. Steven Gerrard doesn’t come up to Scotland to get in free transfers and loan deals.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

To say investment and manager reputation means ‘nothing’ is just silly. Of course they do.

They are the two pillars alongside managerial ability which contribute to a club’s success. 

What I meant is they mean nothing if the manager can’t do the fundamentals. 

I just worry that he’s still learning and could make mistakes. We don’t need that right now as the clubs on its arse.

That said, I’m excited by the appointment which is crazy.

Just listened to his press conference and really liked what I heard. Obviously words on their own are not enough, and maybe I’m just getting carried away with everything but I’m starting to feel really positive about next season something I never thought I’d say after the last few weeks! Whatever happens it’s great to have such a buzz around the club again and I just hope Gerrard can bring the good times back!

Just now, gersandy said:

I think there’s a sense of intrigue around what exactly made him take the job. IMO there must be some significant funds available. Steven Gerrard doesn’t come up to Scotland to get in free transfers and loan deals.

Yeah but we all know that king's promises of money melt away like snow in the rain, and it rains a fuck of a lot here in Glasgow.

I hope I'm wrong because with a 4 year deal quoted this be helluva expensive if it does go tits up, on the bright side though we might see his wife at Ibrox.

58 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I was dead against this a week ago and now I can’t believe Gerrard is our manager and I’m like a giggly wee lassie

I was in Glasgow for most of the day waiting for a new passport to send up to my niece and just managed to get to Ibrox as he was coming out, it was kinda strange seeing him and yes I did not want him at the start, but you cannot go through what we have since 2012 and not be excited.

I should add I have posted this just before I watch his press conference, I will be megga excited after that I think. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, gersandy said:

What I meant is they mean nothing if the manager can’t do the fundamentals. 

I just worry that he’s still learning and could make mistakes. We don’t need that right now as the clubs on its arse.

That said, I’m excited by the appointment which is crazy.

It’s up to him to prove doubters like yourself wrong then I guess.

I think he’ll have players running through brick walls for him and us, we’ve had ‘experienced’ managers who have all fallen flat on their arse: Warburton, Pedro, PLG, McCoist to an extent. It doesn’t always constitute success. 

Archived