Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

I never thought that it would happen- A huge name coming to Rangers and I am sure more will follow and I am confident, we are going to create a better team and our club will soon be back to winning ways and challenge for the title.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what he cant do is give too many of the current squad a "chance to impress". They arent good enough, so he has to work from the premise that they need to be replaced sharpish unless they go out of there way and show him otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Superb

Pretty impressive interview. No bullshit. No football philosophy nonsense. Straight to the point he wants winning football.

Hard not to be impressed by the man.

The next few weeks, through the summer are going to be mental!

1 hour ago, Blueshoff said:

Just heard Colin the sellik fan calling in to Adrian Durham - frothing at the mouth

????

Talk about obsessed!!!

That's the one I heard. 

You can tell Durham thinks they're all fannys.

Asks the bheast a question about Gerrard and McAllister, then the cunt replies with blah blah EBTs, blah, fit and proper.

Absolute retard

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

The English positivity around this has completely swamped the Scottish MSM negativity.

Absolutely brilliant hearing everyone talk about us in a positive light.

I really hope this works

The club has given him 4 years, let us fans give him that too. Lets stop chopping and changing and give the guy the chance to put us back on track. We have a winner, a fighter and a true leader at the helm, he WILL be a success :bangbang:

The Scribes, or shall I say hacks in Scottish Football really do not even understand the basic meaning of words that they use.

For me a 'gamble' is when you invest in something that once you have made said investment you have no control whatsoever over the outcome of it.

What they really mean is 'Risk Management' where the outcomes are monitored throughout the progression of said project.

But hey, they are the ones making a nice little living out of their jobs, and im not, so what do i know.

12 minutes ago, billym27 said:

i fully support him but it seems like pretty much everyone outside our club has already written him off. they don't expect much of him. hopefully he proves them all wrong. 

They don't want him to succeed and they don't like the fact many of our support are happier than they have been in many a year.

He has huge potential and has experienced everything as a player and captain. A natural leader with nerves of steel.

Given the right support from us fans and the right finances there is no reason why he can't bring us title 55. 

I'd be worried if our enemies wanted him here, as it is they are showing a fear that they haven't tasted in years.

No surrender Stevie -G-

I know he’s never managed before. 

I know we have no idea what style of play he will want to use

I know we have no idea what funds he will have available  

I know we have no idea what he thinks he can use out of the dross we have already 

I know this is all hype at this stage 

I know it will be months before we can even start to answer these questions

I know he doesn’t even start for weeks

and

I know this a huge gamble

BUT

something about this just feels right, feels natural and feels like a beginning of our return to the glory day  

It’s fucking mental and I’m loving it. 

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

If it's his budget etc you are worried about then I wouldn't worry about that..... 

oh ffs,  now I am going to have to read another 40 pages to find out if you elaborate on that :lol:

Archived