Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

Sorry for being such a miserable git but still not convinced by this appointment.

Obviously wish him all the best and hope he is the one finally to take us forward but I think a lot are now feeling intoxicated purely in the name Gerrard and we need to know all the details of the finance being provided to the manager before getting carried away.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Signings are required more than anything, then Gerrard will earn his money on how he develops them and puts it together. It's basically like a puzzle, his job is to put the puzzle together but you can't if 5-6 pieces have fucked off.

35 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Enjoyed his press conference but that's fucking brilliant, answers every question the way I'd want him to

Got a bit of a throbber after listening to that. :bow:

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Sorry for being such a miserable git but still not convinced by this appointment.

Obviously wish him all the best and hope he is the one finally to take us forward but I think a lot are now feeling intoxicated purely in the name Gerrard and we need to know all the details of the finance being provided to the manager before getting carried away.

Can only speak for myself but it is not about Gerrard the name. I didn't even like him as a player and I dislike scousers.

Thing is, he is a big name and he has had the courage to step out of a safe sleepy job to take on a club at it's lowest ebb. 

Sometimes you have to act on your instincts and my instinct is that this is going to fucking work big fucking time.

Onwards and upwards.

3 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Giving all the selling clubs this will let them hold us to ransom 

2 minutes ago, STRUTH82 said:

It needs to be noted the significance of Gary Mac coming in as his wingman, masses of experience and knowledge, delighted about this. 

when he announced it during the presser, i shouted "YES" at the telly.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Only caught the beginning of the press conference but I actually liked King’s point about how Gerrard ticked every box apart from having experience whereas a lot of the other names that were put to them had experience but didn’t tick any other box.

That really is his only downside

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Giving all the selling clubs this will let them hold us to ransom 

In general terms though an indication where the finance is coming from without even a specific figure would reassure me given the broken promises of the recent past.

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Funny how on a day like today all you can think about is that lot 

After everything we've been through, each of us, on a day like today, get our joy in different ways so what gives you the right to piss on someone else's parade!

You enjoy it the way you do, and I'll enjoy it the way I do, or are you looking for a fucking fight with a fellow Rangers supporter on such a day?

Well spoken Steven Gerard. Seems to grasp the size of the club and challenge and I’m looking forward to seeing him manage this great football club! Granted he needs a bit of luck but that’d be the case regardless of who was appointed

13 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

We don't need to know any details, as long as Steve himself knows and is happy with what is available - then we should be happy enough

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

That would give you a hardon 

Ha, I know! Think he only has a year left on his contract but i'm not even contemplating it as a possibility. It surely couldn't happen. Could it............

7 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

That's possibly been the case for a lot of us over the last 10 days or so but after listening to Gerrard speak in his press conference and then Rangers TV and previous interviews he gets what we are about, he gets Rangers.

He want's his teams to show fight, passion, desire. A will to win. We haven't had any of that for longer than I care to remember

I realise actions speak louder than words and that we will have to wait and see if he is successful or not but I am absolutely buzzing out my tits right now.

He comes across as a very bright young man who still has that determination and passion to win he showed on the pitch.

Bring it on :tu:

Archived