Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

12 hours ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Usually the same posters mate, theres one poster that actually makes me laugh, ronnie something or other, I live to see the day he posts something positive in a match thread, no wonder hes on match threads, no cunt would sit beside him at the game.

How very dare you. The only things I used to criticise were fannies like Windass & Garner, Fod & Tav's defensive lapses, and that all stemmed from experiencing the good old days. Like everyone else, I'm loving the total positivity these days & there are often 50-odd thousand people sitting pretty close to me, as it happens. Am I allowed to add a happy face? ☺

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/04/2018 at 06:47, Creampuff said:

Fuck having to listen to his interviews.

If there was ever statement to come back and bite you on the arse it’s this one ?

To be fair, it did seem a risky punt and hind sight is a great thing but some of the earlier comments on this thread have made a lot of people look rather silly, even at this early stage in the season.

Always found it best to keep your powder dry until there is something tangible to comment on.

24 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

How very dare you. The only things I used to criticise were fannies like Windass & Garner, Fod & Tav's defensive lapses, and that all stemmed from experiencing the good old days. Like everyone else, I'm loving the total positivity these days & there are often 50-odd thousand people sitting pretty close to me, as it happens. Am I allowed to add a happy face? ☺

Might be the other Ronnie @ronniemca

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Might be the other Ronnie @ronniemca

Hands up though... I am getting to be a grumpy old man & have been overly critical at times. Always delighted to be proved wrong though & will eat any amounts of humble pie when it happens. Appreciate your kind support bro.

34 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Hands up though... I am getting to be a grumpy old man & have been overly critical at times. Always delighted to be proved wrong though & will eat any amounts of humble pie when it happens. Appreciate your kind support bro.

I think I have actually tagged you before when meaning the other one:lol:

These last few years would make any of us angry mate.

Another factor in all this when everyone was expressing their views a few months ago was the 'war chest' he (or any other manager) was going to get to carry out the job. I think it's fair to say that the money and players that have came through the club was above everyone's expectation. 

Credit to SG but also some credit to the Board (fuckin tin hat on here ??

7 hours ago, ronniescu said:

Glad you're now a happy camper mate, tbf you were a moany faced bassa with good reason, but I did find it funny at the time.

:tu:

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Another factor in all this when everyone was expressing their views a few months ago was the 'war chest' he (or any other manager) was going to get to carry out the job. I think it's fair to say that the money and players that have came through the club was above everyone's expectation. 

Not saying this to detract from the board but I'd suggest the biggest factor in our spending has been value for money rather than money spent, inc loan fees we've probably net spent circa £7.5m, wouldn't describe that as heavily spending but we've spent it well and thats just as vital, so I'd credit the scouting team and the DOF as much as the board.

We've rebuilt our entire team for £2m less than the taigs spunked on a very average striker, if we can add two or three players of real quality in the next two windows we'll be more than a match for them despite idiots telling us we'd need to spend £50m to get there.

9 hours ago, beararse said:

If there was ever statement to come back and bite you on the arse it’s this one ?

To be fair, it did seem a risky punt and hind sight is a great thing but some of the earlier comments on this thread have made a lot of people look rather silly, even at this early stage in the season.

Always found it best to keep your powder dry until there is something tangible to comment on.

That post was just a comment on his accent :lol: 

4 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

There were a few who stated that King would hold back the cash and leave Stevie to take the rap. That was before a ball was kicked in anger and prior to SG signing anyone. They were blatantly wrong. Don't see any of them putting their hands up now.

The board have their faults but they have appointed a good manager with huge potential. Our support have galvanised behind SG and the atmosphere at Ibrox is better than it has been in many a year. Overall, we are in a better place than I expected. If we can push on without being distracted by haters/infighting we have a good chance of winning our title back this season.

I'm glad to see that yet another of my predictions are coming to fruition with Steven being appointed. In football management he is destined to be the next big thing. The guy simply has it in barrowloads.

The timing of his appointment was crucial, at a time we were on our erse. Mr King did pull off a master stroke and deserves much credit for it. He has backed Steven to the point that no other manager would be. Steven had many detractors on his appointment and I'm glad I wasn't one of them, as he goes from strength to strengrh, restoring our faith and pride and has every hating bastard screaming with envy.

The King/Gerrard axis is working and will deliver glory.

• 3 months later...

Archived