Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

2 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

My mates I talk to would bite your hand off for Gerrard, as would  I. On the forums though...different story. Whatever the first reply to a thread is, everyone seems to follow it. Utterly bizarre! If RM existed in the mid eighties we would never have had Souness, Smith et al. Time on forums is spent constantly focusing on the negative, and it does my tits in. 

Without sounding racist, you need to get your eyes tested. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warburton- An up and comer who we hoped was going to be the next ting

Pedro- A fucking nobody who we plucked from obscurity hoping we could unearth a gem

Murty- Promoted from within

Gerrard- A big name who has literally never managed a senior match

4 different types of managers and not 1 is the kind we all want, a proven winner. Absolutely sickening how out of touch these idiots are. As for 'social media' fans they're the only ones happy at this shambles, every single person I've spoke to and seen posting who follow the team everywhere are against it.

Just now, Goosetav said:

Pedro- A fucking nobody who we plucked from obscurity hoping we could unearth a gem

4 different types of managers and not 1 is the kind we all want, a proven winner. Absolutely sickening how out of touch these idiots are. As for 'social media' fans they're the only ones happy at this shambles, every single person I've spoke to and seen posting who follow the team everywhere are against it.

back with a bang

Just now, Chineseboy said:

With the right guy beside him, why not. 

Is Gary Mcallister the right guy? Why should we be appointing a manager who needs someone to tell him what to do and what not to do.

4 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

My mates I talk to would bite your hand off for Gerrard, as would  I. On the forums though...different story. Whatever the first reply to a thread is, everyone seems to follow it. Utterly bizarre! If RM existed in the mid eighties we would never have had Souness, Smith et al. Time on forums is spent constantly focusing on the negative, and it does my tits in. 

What is a social media fan?

And it's hard not to focus on the negatives when there are fuck all positives

8 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

The attitude on this thread sums up why we are going nowhere fast. The defeatist attitude is fucking sickening .  Social media fans honestly have to be the worst kind of " supporters". Gerrard would actually be mad to come to us given the comments - as would any other manager.  We are toxic now, and social media fans are a huge reason for this. 

Utter shite - the social media tarriers are worse. The difference is how we’ve been run by ‘directors’ over the last 10yrs v the way they’ve been run. 

Thats by far the biggest reason. 

People saying a positive will be he's able to attract bigger names, will he though? Maybe his old buddies at Liverpool but if a player didn't want to sign for us before I don't think they would be more inclined to sign for us with Gerrard as manager. Yeah he's a big name but what will a player see that he can add to them from a managerial perspective which will make them think I have to go play under him as a manager? Not totally convinced

Interesting that all the major news outlets are reporting he's part of a 'shortlist' as a matter of fact. If it was a leak from the club, I imagine we'd hear some other names too, so it's either come from Gerrard's team or it's a shortlist of one. 

2 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Tbh mate imo warburton was worth the risk. The rest totally agree

4 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Can anyone offer a positive aspect of him being appointed manager? I don't see any.

bit name, lost of attention, the potential for investment/advertising,more people from Liverpool watching us on Sky and BT just to see how he gets on = more TV revenue.....and it might just work.

4 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Hi again xx

4 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Can anyone offer a positive aspect of him being appointed manager? I don't see any.

He has the correct Mental aspects that a Rangers Manager should have, he’s not a shitebag, he has experience in high pressure environments as a player, he is a big name who will probably have a lot of contacts that should hopefully help us attract players.

apart from that there isn’t any positives for me, I wouldn’t go near him.

Archived