Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
On 22 April 2018 at 23:25, The Godfather said:

He won the lot I'm sure, the wee Scouse poofter couldn't win a league.

Will be the same as a manager, a failure, 

200.gif

• 3 months later...

When he was paraded DK said he ticked all the boxes bar experience. The pundits said we needed 50m spent on the squad 

15 months on he has some experience and a squad worth well over 50m at a fraction of the cost. 

All that's needed is a trophy. And I'm sure that ain't far away at all now. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Stevie was the man then and IS the man now.

He has been a revelation and much more to come. 

He's a class act.

There were a few errors in the first few matches but we seem to have found a style which works. We had a blip after the break which may have cost the league but we finished the season very strongly.

Our starting 11 is stronger than last year (could still do with a decent left back)  and that aside our squad is significantly stronger and has a fair depth. In the meantime celtic have gone backwards. And there is where Stevie G is a class act as @Blue Avenger has stated. 

Whether or not they have money to spend or are willing to spend for that matter, they are struggling to attract anyone to sign. Players want to sign for us to play under our manager. If you are Aribo for instance, why would you not want to play under one of the top midfielders of a generation and arguably of all time? 

I think we pulled off a blinder bringing ina man of Gerrard’s standing, who has been shrewd enough to bring in experience and top coaches to counter his inexperience as a manager.

The man is a winner and I have real optimism that we will win trophies (plural) this season including the league.

Archived