Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

The attitude on this thread sums up why we are going nowhere fast. The defeatist attitude is fucking sickening .  Social media fans honestly have to be the worst kind of " supporters". Gerrard would actually be mad to come to us given the comments - as would any other manager.  We are toxic now, and social media fans are a huge reason for this. 

Donkey. 

10 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

My mates I talk to would bite your hand off for Gerrard, as would  I. On the forums though...different story. Whatever the first reply to a thread is, everyone seems to follow it. Utterly bizarre! If RM existed in the mid eighties we would never have had Souness, Smith et al. Time on forums is spent constantly focusing on the negative, and it does my tits in. 

I can’t believe I’ve been on this forum for a decade and I’ve only just now realised that we can directly control who does and doesn’t sign for us. 

Steven Gerrard could become the next Rangers manager IF certain financial assurances are offered by the Ibrox board.

We understand that Rangers’ delegates, headed by director of football Mark Allen, met with Gerrard in Liverpool last Thursday in order to present a formal proposal to the former Anfield captain. He is currently mulling over the offer.

A source has revealed that Gerrard wants to ascertain exactly what money is on the table for immediate investment purposes and until that is confirmed he will not make a decision on the post vacated by Pedro Caixinha in October last year.

Rangers chairman Dave King was at Anfield on Tuesday night as Liverpool beat Roma 5-2 in the opening leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final, while Gerrard was in the Ibrox director’s box last month as Brendan Rodgers’ side came from behind to beat Rangers 3-2.

The ball is believed to be firmly in Gerrard’s court now with Rangers keen to bring the coach to Ibrox.

Gerrard, who played under celtic manager Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, retired in 2016 and was appointed manager of Liverpool’s under-18 squad last summer.

Graeme Murty has assumed the position in the short-term but is expected to move on at the end of the season.

From the evening times.

7 minutes ago, Goosetav said:

Criticising 'social media fans' when people who follow the club everywhere are disgusted with this. Lol.

Fail to see why location should hinder a constructive comment . By everywhere, you mean The Forums. That is not everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Steven Gerrard could become the next Rangers manager IF certain financial assurances are offered by the Ibrox board.

We understand that Rangers’ delegates, headed by director of football Mark Allen, met with Gerrard in Liverpool last Thursday in order to present a formal proposal to the former Anfield captain. He is currently mulling over the offer.

A source has revealed that Gerrard wants to ascertain exactly what money is on the table for immediate investment purposes and until that is confirmed he will not make a decision on the post vacated by Pedro Caixinha in October last year.

Rangers chairman Dave King was at Anfield on Tuesday night as Liverpool beat Roma 5-2 in the opening leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final, while Gerrard was in the Ibrox director’s box last month as Brendan Rodgers’ side came from behind to beat Rangers 3-2.

The ball is believed to be firmly in Gerrard’s court now with Rangers keen to bring the coach to Ibrox.

Gerrard, who played under celtic manager Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool, retired in 2016 and was appointed manager of Liverpool’s under-18 squad last summer.

Graeme Murty has assumed the position in the short-term but is expected to move on at the end of the season.

From the evening times.

Very lazy journalism. 

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

bit name, lost of attention, the potential for investment/advertising,more people from Liverpool watching us on Sky and BT just to see how he gets on = more TV revenue.....and it might just work.

Guardiola and Zidane did ok without any experience.

I agree about him raising the profile of the club and on top of that he may be able to entice a better quality of player to the club. It’s ultimately about the players any manager chooses and has to work with. I think we are putting to much emphasis on the manager and having a track record of winning. Given his experience as a player and a captain I think he will be fairly competent in tactics and motivating a team. The big if will be if for me will be if he can spot a player.

1 minute ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Guardiola and Zidane did ok without any experience.

I agree about him raising the profile of the club and on top of that he may be able to entice a better quality of player to the club. It’s ultimately about the players any manager chooses and has to work with. I think we are putting to much emphasis on the manager and having a track record of winning. Given his experience as a player and a captain I think he will be fairly competent in tactics and motivating a team. The big if will be if for me will be if he can spot a player.

spotting players isnt his job. Thats mark allens and his team.

17 minutes ago, JC10 said:

Can anyone offer a positive aspect of him being appointed manager? I don't see any.

He's the only person with a track record of fucking up Brenda's chances of winning the league.

People need to remember hes no daft he knows 100% what he wants to do in management and he knows how hes gonna get there. This aint a case of a ex pro getting his big chance.. like Barton has if hes no 100% ready he wont take the job and that is why he knocked back the MK dons job.

Just now, KingKirk said:

People need to remember hes no daft he knows 100% what he wants to do in management and he knows how hes gonna get there. This aint a case of a ex pro getting his big chance.. like Barton has if hes no 100% ready he wont take the job and that is why he knocked back the MK dons job.

It literally is.

Archived