Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

29 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

The attitude on this thread sums up why we are going nowhere fast. The defeatist attitude is fucking sickening .  Social media fans honestly have to be the worst kind of " supporters". Gerrard would actually be mad to come to us given the comments - as would any other manager.  We are toxic now, and social media fans are a huge reason for this. 

Does that mean you support an individual with absolutely no managerial experience being appointed our next manager. The one thing we cannot afford is another gamble. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

People need to remember hes no daft he knows 100% what he wants to do in management and he knows how hes gonna get there. This aint a case of a ex pro getting his big chance.. like Barton has if hes no 100% ready he wont take the job and that is why he knocked back the MK dons job.

It is, and is only getting it because King is a fan of the victim tarrier bastards

3 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

Guardiola and Zidane did ok without any experience.

I agree about him raising the profile of the club and on top of that he may be able to entice a better quality of player to the club. It’s ultimately about the players any manager chooses and has to work with. I think we are putting to much emphasis on the manager and having a track record of winning. Given his experience as a player and a captain I think he will be fairly competent in tactics and motivating a team. The big if will be if for me will be if he can spot a player.

Zidane had about 5 years in a variety of jobs and then came into manage a club he had been part of the structure for years.

Guardiola had a year and again he came into a team he had been part of for many years that had strong foundations in place

There is no shortage of good players that have not made the step up....Barnes, Keane to name a few.

2 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

I think most managers would want the final say. Not overly confident if our team is only reliant on the likes of John Brown.

"I have made that position abundantly clear, the decision on players is the manager's. It always will be. Who plays and what system you play, what style, what tactics, what players you sign are all the manager's decision."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15791381.Mark_Allen__My_role_at_Rangers_has_been_greatly_misunderstood/

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It is, and is only getting it because King is a fan of the victim tarrier bastards

MK dons he knocked it back because he wasn't ready to be the leader of a club and dressing room.  If hes ready IMO he will take it but thats a big IF IMO

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He wont take it if hes no ready mate.. Hes no daft, If he becomes our next manager its because he believes he can do the job 

Pedro believed he could do this job, Murty believed he could do this job, Warburton and Mccoist both believed that they did a good job with us. It doesn't matter if he thinks he can do a good job or not there is far more risk in it for us than him.

Caixinha was quite blatantly going to be a disaster. What we weren't prepared for was the extent of the disaster in that we gave him millions of pounds to blow on utter dross. 

Gerrard isn't quite as obvious a disaster in the making. However it would appear to have a high risk of failure, and yet again we're making reckless decisions we never have to be making. 

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Pedro believed he could do this job, Murty believed he could do this job, Warburton and Mccoist both believed that they did a good job with us. It doesn't matter if he thinks he can do a good job or not there is far more risk in it for us than him.

Pedro believed he could talk his way into the job, which he succeeed in doing. I would say fairly early on it was clear he knew it wasn't going to work out. 

1 minute ago, Gman36 said:

Caixinha was quite blatantly going to be a disaster. What we weren't prepared for was the extent of the disaster in that we gave him millions of pounds to blow on utter dross. 

Gerrard isn't quite as obvious a disaster in the making. However it would appear to have a high risk of failure, and yet again we're making reckless decisions we never have to be making. 

I think any person is going to be a huge risk.  The person who takes the job will either be someone who is used to spending money, and not get the likes here, or someone who is inexperienced, or someone who is simply shite.  All those are a risk.

Archived