Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me a manager who wouldn't be a gamble under our current board?  For every new suggestion, there would be many on here telling us why it is wrong. What Steven Gerrard brings is a vast experience in world class football, a respect amongst his peers which would filter into a respect within the players. He will attract good players. He will get the best youths on loan from Liverpool. He will know his limits and that is why he will bring an understudy of experience like McAlister and co. He IS a gamble ( everyone is ) but one I am excited to see the outcome of.

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Nah no offence you're talking yourself round to this idea based on the guys playing career and the fact that we're due a decent manager.

Your 100% correct I'd give him it and let him crack on. It'll either be a masterstroke or we are on the hunt for a  new board and manager.

The fear is driving me to the Idea 

Like popping a pill it'll either kill ye or you could take it wae nae lasting damage 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Tell me a manager who wouldn't be a gamble under our current board?  For every new suggestion, there would be many on here telling us why it is wrong. What Steven Gerrard brings is a vast experience in world class football, a respect amongst his peers which would filter into a respect within the players. He will attract good players. He will get the best youths on loan from Liverpool. He will know his limits and that is why he will bring an understudy of experience like McAlister and co. He IS a gamble ( everyone is ) but one I am excited to see the outcome of.

Well said.

Just now, KingKirk said:

Your 100% correct I'd give him it and let him crack on. It'll either be a masterstroke or we are on the hunt for a  new board and manager.

The fear is driving me to the Idea 

Like popping a pill it'll either kill ye or you could take it wae nae lasting damage 

I don't pop pills so I'd rather we go for someone that has some experience and is less of a risk.

Like everyone I'm still quite stunned at this possibility as I was quite sure we'd identify a proven manager of stature and experience in man management. However, if Gerrard is appointed I'll continue as always my support to the club with a dose of scepticism of Gerrard until he states what he's all about and proves he has what it takes to be the right man to drive us forward. There's no doubt its a huge gamble if it happens and we can only hope its a prosperous one if so. Once the Board had sought applications I'm sure they would have been overwhelmed with applicants from across the globe and quite confident we could have sourced a manager of significant lesser risk attached however I'll support the club as ever whatever happens and hope whoever's appointed is a success.

Come on Rangers!

33 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

At least the clown Pedro had managed at other clubs and had some relative success.

This scouse prick has done fuck all yet rumbles about just strolling into the managers job at a club the size of Rangers?

It's a complete embarrassment but that's what we are now.

Under King our club will die.

I feel like under King the club is slowly dying. None of this "ranjurs ur deed" pish, but a guy at the top of our club who seems quite content to run us into the ground. I'm very worried for our future.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

World class football? what's the use of that when he's at Firhill on a Tuesday night working with bang average players.

Everyone is by far overplaying the pull of Stevie Gerrard, do you honestly think boys are going to come to us for less money because it's him? Nonsense man, offer someone as little as a grand more a week and they'll be going elsewhere.

Best youths, we've been down this road before, Liverpool won't be giving them boys away cheap. We've had loanees from Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal & Spurs they rarely make a difference.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Define “well connected” please?

he knows a lot of folk in the game .he's also not the type to spread shite at every opportunity. he's also a bear and quite concerned about this appointment and trusts his source to the max 

19 minutes ago, Chineseboy said:

Actually, it happens most of the time. You tube comments are the same. People are sheep thesedays with little or nocritical thinking abilities.

You are a Tube.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, managing arguably the best ever, along with Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Puyol etc. is comparable to Docherty, Tavernier and the like

Like the guy in Armageddon said, all I need to know is can he beat the scum.. :sherlock:

22 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Even if Gerrard turns out to be a good appointment, it gives me the fear that his first games in charge will be the Europa League qualifiers after only being here a few weeks.

Would have more European experience than the whole team put together.

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Aye, managing arguably the best ever, along with Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Puyol etc. is comparable to Docherty, Tavernier and the like

Still have to be able to coach them manage them and gain respect regardless of the talent you are working with.

Archived