Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

13 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

you seriously would back this?

do you not understand what has happened over the past 7 years?

do you think another rookie manager would be a good idea?

I honestly think we deserve all the shit we get sometimes if this is the type of opinion people have. :duh:

A rookie eh you mean just like Souness was or Smith two of the best managers in our history 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Ah well if folk are going to propose Gerrard, what about Gary Neville?

Get his Dad Neville Neville in to assist and Phil can manage the ladies team.  

Sorted. 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Souness and smith were allowed to outspend Scottish football by a considerable margin

And Walter had assisted McLean, Ferguson and Souness prior to getting the Rangers job  

Apart from that and as you’ve said incomparable budgets the comparisons are spot on.  

8 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I was reading today his Dad was a cricketer. What a name but eh. Almost as bad as Ronald McDonald

It’s a belter, you seen the fella? - He’s their Dad alright. 

Steven Gerrard’s opinion on Rangers will endear him to the fans.

Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard has been linked with the managerial job at Glasgow Rangers. Could he succeed Graeme Murty at Ibrox?

Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard, who played under current celtic manager Brendan Rodgers at Anfield, has been linked with the managerial job at Ibrox club Glasgow Rangers.

According to latest odds on Betvictor.com, Gerrard is 14/1 to succeed Graeme Murty as the Rangers first team manager at the end of the season.

The former Liverpool and England international midfielder's odds of becoming the Gers’ manager were just 8/1 on Monday (click here to read more).

Gerrard is now in charge of Liverpool Under-18 side, having been appointed in the role in the summer of 2017.

The 37-year-old never played in Scotland, but the former England international is fully aware of how big Rangers are and how passionate the Ibrox fans are.

Back in October 2017, Gerrard took his Liverpool Under-18 team to Ibrox to face their Rangers counterparts.

The Merseyside outfit won 4-1, and after the match, the former Los Angeles Galaxy star spoke highly of Rangers and Ibrox (click here to read more).

Gerrard told Rangers’ YouTube Channel on November 1, 2017: ”I’ll never forget when I'm invited to Ibrox, it's an iconic stadium.

"I've got a lot of respect for this football club and it's history and tradition - and that's the reason why we took the invitation up.

“I had to take the opportunity to bring my team up to experience playing in front of that stadium, just being in the surroundings, in the dressing room - it's a wonderful place."

You know you want the job Stevie G:whistle:

10 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

you're a mongo

Why is it people like yourself of limited intelligence resort to offensive name calling when someone disagrees with you ?   Really is very sad and a poor reflection on how the standards of a good Protestant education have fallen   I really do dispair for the future of our team and indeed our country when  imbiceles like your self are an example of younger supporters and members of  our community  the other lot have been a lot smarter and  got educated and got themselves into positions of power and influence at council,government and even football hierarchy  !  Grow up son and get back to school !!

2 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

The next manager will have a managerial cv. 

As opposed to someone who just managed youth teams (Murty), was an assistant (McCoist), was only a manager for less that two years (Warburton) or had no experience of British football (Caixinhas)? I sincerely hope so!

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Souness and smith were allowed to outspend Scottish football by a considerable margin

That is true I grant you however smith in particular proved himself to be tactically aware and even when the other lot caught up with us money wise he still found ways to win   I don’t get this experience thing  loads of rookie managers/coaches do well    The  status of a Gerrard type would attract a higher class of player and he would instantly command respect from everyone at the club from top to bottom and  the press/media too would be more respectful just look at their love in with Brenda as an example  

Archived