Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

16 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

away games will see larger crowds to see the man. Announce him tomorrow we could sell Ibrox out 3/4 times over mate the rush for ST will be massive 

Don't we sell out all of our away games anyway?

And if you mean fans of other clubs, who gives a fuck about them.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can’t honestly understand the logic in looking at him as a potential manager never mind actually appointing him. 

We just stumble from one embarrassment to the next, it’s a fucking joke, Gerrard as our manager? Complete shambles. 

1 minute ago, OhW said:

I’m with Kirk here. Our main priority with our next appointment should be increasing  home gates for the likes of Hibs.

:belm:

1 minute ago, OhW said:

Thats exactly what I mean. I dont care about them but the attention be massive and that can only be good for us

Just now, TheBluebells said:

I can’t honestly understand the logic in looking at him as a potential manager never mind actually appointing him. 

We just stumble from one embarrassment to the next, it’s a fucking joke, Gerrard as our manager? Complete shambles. 

It’s the fact we’re actively pursuing him that gets me. If he’d approached us with his ideas and low wage demands I could see why we might entertain it, but actually seeking him out and trying to persuade him to come is bizarre.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s the fact we’re actively pursuing him that gets me. If he’d approached us with his ideas and low wage demands I could see why we might entertain it, but actually seeking him out and trying to persuade him to come is bizarre.

It’s repeated so often but shows how absolutely clueless the board are. 

Just now, davidcooptemp said:

Thinking walter to guide him.

A manager with zero experience and a former manager who's retired. Are we the only club who couldn't just split the difference and find someone who's done the job for a bit and intends to continue doing so for the foreseeable too? 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

A manager with zero experience and a former manager who's retired. Are we the only club who couldn't just split the difference and find someone who's done the job for a bit and intends to continue doing so for the foreseeable too? 

:lol:Well put. 

I hope this doesnt happen, but as the days go by and if the result on sunday is bad, I feel it will happen as the story is gaining momentum by the day- there has to be something in it, esp since king was at anfield the other night; but this would be a poorly thought out appointment to give a rookie manager his first proper job as manager of our club; big mistake

Doesn't matter whither it's Gerrard, Preudholme, Warnock or FDB, they would all need a decent transfer kitty to compete.

The players we have just now aren't consistent enough to win the league, in order to win the league players have to be brought in with the right mental strength and consistency and to get that we need to spend in the region of 20m.

We either spend or get really really lucky and unearth 5-6 gems in the most important positions.

48 minutes ago, gersandy said:

To the tune of magic hat

”his name is Stevie Gerrard, 

his burd is fucking mint,

We’re gony win the title,

even though we’re skint,

he’ll bring in luis Suarez, 

fernando Torres too, 

and if he hears from Rodgers, 

he’ll tell him big jock knew!”

Haha lol ggth 

Archived