Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

10 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I'm genuinely frightened. Rookie managers should be starting at Doncaster or Wimbledon. Not Rangers and not especially when in the whole history of our club we cannot afford to get this appointment so drastically wrong. We're basically gifting the scum 10 in a row as well as the new world record for domestic league wins. It's truly tragic.

Spot on. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot of our fans are not impressed with this but I think it might be a great appointment for us. I was never fussed on de boar or any of the other names that have been mentioned. Any manager would be a risk. Just cause they have had success in previous jobs doesn’t mean they are going to win the league with us. Gerrard is an unknown entity in management but having been at the gers development game earlier in season. His team was set up very well and played some great football compared to ours. He has also studied the tactics and gameplans of all the managers he has played under which is a good list. So yes maybe a gamble but I think it’s 1 worth taking

13 minutes ago, Frank de Bear said:

Our new Dream Team

Liverpool-v-Newcastle-United-Premier-League.thumb.jpg.8a5c4f199e54e32584675b091d3e8a58.jpg

Welcome to Rangers!!!  :UK:

Bring home 55!!!!

Why Gary McAllister ? Is there any recent connection between the two other than playing for Liverpool years ago? 

I know McCallister is a blue nose but I keep thinking him and Weir strike me as the same sort of people and that’s putting me off - maybe a tad irrational but I keep thinking of Weir everytime I see McCallister’s name mentioned 

4 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

I know a lot of our fans are not impressed with this but I think it might be a great appointment for us. I was never fussed on de boar or any of the other names that have been mentioned. Any manager would be a risk. Just cause they have had success in previous jobs doesn’t mean they are going to win the league with us. Gerrard is an unknown entity in management but having been at the gers development game earlier in season. His team was set up very well and played some great football compared to ours. He has also studied the tactics and gameplans of all the managers he has played under which is a good list. So yes maybe a gamble but I think it’s 1 worth taking

Admire your optimism but on the balance of probabilities he'll turn out like his predecessors, well out his depth.  The fans just won't stand for it, especially when King has come out and said that he expects instant results.

IMO, if he is confirmed we'll be back here again next Summer - new manager, clear out required and they've just won 8 in a row.

3 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Why Gary McAllister ? Is there any recent connection between the two other than playing for Liverpool years ago? 

I think it’s because Mcallister is from Scotland and knows the game here, also he’s a bear.

20 minutes ago, Frank de Bear said:

Our new Dream Team

Liverpool-v-Newcastle-United-Premier-League.thumb.jpg.8a5c4f199e54e32584675b091d3e8a58.jpg

Welcome to Rangers!!!  :UK:

Bring home 55!!!!

At least someone out there has a little fire and spunk in their bellies. Too many play safe Harry's in here. Your wife's and girlfriends must be bored fucking rigid with youse.

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

At least someone out there has a little fire and spunk in their bellies. Too many play safe Harry's in here. Your wife's and girlfriends must be bored fucking rigid with youse.

My girlfriend is but yours isn’t 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

I think it’s because Mcallister is from Scotland and knows the game here, also he’s a bear.

Ah right . I thought maybe he was working alongside SG at Liverpool with the youths or something  .

Bit of a tenuous link though , yeah he's a bear , but does he really know the Scottish game ? I thought he'd lived in England since he left Motherwell a long , long time ago .

16 minutes ago, Frank de Bear said:

Family member of Gary McAllister

I have no reason not to believe you mate, so if your info is right, has the deal been done or are they still talking about it possibly happening? 

I have never like Gerrard as a person and if this is true I will have to try and come to terms with it I suppose. 

Archived