Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

I don’t want him, but hiring Steven Gerrard certainly doesn’t make us a laughing stock. 

Having murty as our our manager is a fucking laughing stock, not a champions league winning, legendary Liverpool and England captain.

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Mcinnes was picking the team for his first game and discussing training with Murty, that deal was done and then he shat it. I don’t see that happening with Gerrard but there are other ways we could fuck it up.

Like King promising Gerrard xy and z while down in Liverpool without consulting the other board members 1st. Fair enough if King is going to fund the whole enterprise but I very much doubt it.

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Us and gerrard are actually sky’s top news stories.  I’m beginning to think, could he be a name that could be the difference between us getting a championship style player or a premier league style player.  He’s a massive name. If we are going for him we should be doing what we done with souness though and get an experienced number 2 next to him that knows the club. 

part of England's golden generation  - and they love all those guys, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes - both the Nevilles, Ferdinand  - every single one of them is in media because the English love them - 

2 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Like King promising Gerrard xy and z while down in Liverpool without consulting the other board members 1st. Fair enough if King is going to fund the whole enterprise but I very much doubt it.

That’s what I was meaning, maybe he is going to funf it all similar to how Park funded Pedro

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I’m up and doon like a whores drawers with this man.

one minute it’s rage the next I’m starting to believe. Better no end up despising him by November :lol:

My guts are churning, this is going to be a hard one to get over if it goes tits up. 

Ive sort of sold myself on the idea of Gerrard, basically because all of the other options are so underwhelming.

I really do not want to be let down again like I was with the McInnes deal. Again I had accepted that one and was geared up for it then boom.

It's the embarrassment and humiliation that it brings on the club and the fans. 

Just now, Virtuoso said:

I'm maybe missing something here, but I fail to see how signing SG is seen as some managerial coup.

Someone enlighten me as to what I'm missing.... 

No seeing that from anyone on here mate?

Just now, Virtuoso said:

I'm maybe missing something here, but I fail to see how signing SG is seen as some managerial coup.

i dont think anybody thinks it is, but its certainly a bold, exciting, move.

1 minute ago, Virtuoso said:

Don’t think anyone has said it’s a coup, it’s not as if we have beaten off other offers he had. 

But it is  a bold move. 

Hmm......

Very not convinced.

There has been an ex-England captain who played at the highest level, and played for us managing for years, with years of management experience in Scotland kicking around called Terry Butcher.

On paper, Terry Butcher is more qualified for the role, and yet is massively shite.

Ill back him, but cant help but feel we are making a mistake.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

i dont think anybody thinks it is, but its certainly a bold, exciting, move.

We're hardly in a position for a future manager to kick-start his career / use us a stepping stone.

Nothing exciting about it.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm......

Very not convinced.

There has been an ex-England captain who played at the highest level, and played for us managing for years, with years of management experience in Scotland kicking around called Terry Butcher.

On paper, Terry Butcher is more qualified for the role, and yet is massively shite.

I think that’s the point though.

Because he’s unknown but still such a high profile player he could be brilliant or a disaster or mediocre.

Its exciting more than anything because McInnes and every other realistic appointment is so underwhelming.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hmm......

Very not convinced.

I will tell you the difference. Gerrard is an intelligent guy but has his feet firmly on the ground. Butcher is a big mong who thinks he's intelligent. 

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think that’s the point though.

Because he’s unknown but still such a high profile player he could be brilliant or a disaster or mediocre.

Its exciting more than anything because McInnes and every other realistic appointment is so underwhelming.

Aye, but its not like each of those outcomes have an equal weighting.

He is massively more likely to be utter shite than mediocre. The odds on him being brilliant are even more extreme.

3 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

One positive is Stevie G would instantly gain respect from the players. Suppose the same would have been said about Ally but this is probably the biggest name to manage us since Souness.

Ally was one of the boys too much and wanting to be everyones pal. Gerrard will expect and demand respect and professionalism

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Aye, but its not like each of those outcomes have an equal weighting.

He is massively more likely to be utter shite than mediocre. The odds on him being brilliant are even more extreme.

I get that but we know all the others are already going to be disasters.

With Gerrard we can only think he is going to be a disaster.

No way to run a football club, but it’s actually an improvement from this board ? 

Archived